Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hold my beer
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the old lady gave me a $700 allowance to spend on the rig, all i got is the CAI in my sig. what would be the best thing to do next? Exhaust? chip? and if i go with a chip i'm torn between bully dog TD and edge Attitude w/j. lookin for some input and some people who have these chips I been doing some research, but still a lil confused on what the difference is between a cp3 and a lift pump, thinking i should do that first befor i do any thing else. any help would be greatly aprecciated. thanks

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
I would replace your stock muffler with a nice aftermarket one (keep the stock pipe) and I would get an Edge Juice w Att used out of the CF classifides.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Kinda depends on your goals.

If you have long range plans to make some higher HP #'s, then start with gauges and exhaust and maybe an Mp-8.

If you want to play a little more now and upgrade stuff later, I'd suggest an Edge J/A for the programming and gauges.

You already have a 4" exhaust now, so that isn't an immediate need.

I went in this order--
--CAI
--BMK-11 Oil bypass
--Gauges
--Edge EZ
--Sound system/alarm
--Smarty Jr. (sold)
--Smarty Sr.

Now I'm saving for the big ticket----------built transmission!:headbang:

·
Hold my beer
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have some long range plans to get ome higher ponys but i would also like to play a lil now with the lil imports. does the MP-8 put out more power than the edge, i can just go with the edge for now and upgrade later if i need to

·
Registered
782 Posts
So the old lady gave me a $700 allowance to spend on the rig
I wouldn't say that! I would that sweet young attractive woman of my dreams allowed me $700 to upgrade my truck...Then when she ain't lookin or only gives you grief for the stupid stuff you bought it can be the Ole' Lady
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i know everyone is tired of hearing smarty but its a dam good programmer so i fell good supporting it. if you plan on higher hp later then get something you can grow into. you do not have to set it to the highest hp rating right away and you can grow into it. a smarty with some guages would be the way i would go. you will love it

·
Registered
899 Posts
:confused013: can u have her call my wife and convince her i need 700.00 too?:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: and the smarty sr is a very good programer. u can use it now and u can update later. u can build your cai 4 cheap and u can do a cat and muffler delete 4 the cost some pipe. jmho good luck!:thumbsup: oh yea the reason i know smarty is good is b cause my brother has it . i would change mine to smarty also if ur wife convinces mine that she should give me 700.00!

·
Hold my beer
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i married to a spanish girl, she can get tempermental from time to time. and i only get the 700 from taxes. but i will see if she can call your wife. as far as the smarty, is that something u can adjust on the fly? 1 of the main reasons for the juice w/attitude was so i could keep at around 60hp or so for daily driving, then when i see a ricer, power joke, or dirty max a few clicks on the monitor and away i go

·
Hold my beer
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much is it? and i forgot to mention that i would like to see some black smoke come out when i brake torque it or roll on the skinny a bit. only in moderation tho, dont wanna rune it for others

·
On call 24/7
12,572 Posts
Since you only get $700 get a smarty jr(adjustable on the fly) and some gauges, edge juice/attitude, quadzilla xzilleraider/commander or look at the new quad adrenaline/pulse but Im not sure on the price.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just picked up a used edge juice w/ attitude for $350 off ebay today. If you look around you can find some good deals on used stuff also if you are working off a budget.

·
Hold my beer
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the help guys, it really helps out

·
Hold my beer
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
forgot to ask, can the smarty be stacked with the edge juice/attitude when i can convince the wife to let me spring for the smarty sr?

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
I'd get a Donaldson or Nelson muffler, they're cheap, my Ne;son was $67 CDN from my local Cummins store.

Next would be gauges, boost, fuel pressure EGT and tranny temp.

Then get yourself a used BDTD from the classifieds but don't run Crazy Larry or you'll be looking at a lotta money to do your tranny.
BD might not be the current flavour of the day but it will give you tons-o-power, can be used to adjust tire size etc and is adjustable on the fly (and are going cheap in the classifieds)

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
forgot to ask, can the smarty be stacked with the edge juice/attitude when i can convince the wife to let me spring for the smarty sr?
You can do it but you would have to run Smarty on nontiming levels. It is pointless IMO because the Smarty program runs a better "dynamic" timing advancement program which is better than you will get out of the Edge.

No point in running both IMO unless you are just using the Edge for gauges.

Still, I'd start with the Edge and work your way up.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,283 Posts
look into the quad x2 race box.

5 settings and they are on sale
now for $399 i thought. good
box for the price and you get
140 hp on top setting.

you have a 4" pipe already so just
straight pipe it. look up swiss cheese
mod and do that with a good drop in
filter. minimal amount of $$ for these.