Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to replace the front door junky 6X9's with either replacement one's or 61/2's just wondering which would give me the best mid bass. trying to stay away from subs

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I would go for the subs...Why do you not want them? But anyway, I suggest a quality 6x9 3-way to even it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can someone tell me what speaker (6x9) will fit the front door in a 99? I was told by a stereo shop that the mounting depth is really shallow in that door. A brand and model # if someone has done this swap.

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
6x9's

i replaced my factory 6x9's with some polk audio's. the depth was fine but did have to do some trimming to make the opening a little larger about a 1/4" all the way around. hopefully this helped

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Can someone tell me what speaker (6x9) will fit the front door in a 99? I was told by a stereo shop that the mounting depth is really shallow in that door. A brand and model # if someone has done this swap.

Thanks!
dude you should go with some infinity kappas....they kick if ya got an amp powering them. i've got kappas in the front doors and i installed an infinity four channel amp that is wired to all four doors and i can turn them up purty loud and they don't distort:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I got polk 6x9's and had no problem and they are very loud

·
Registered
567 Posts
dude you should go with some infinity kappas....they kick if ya got an amp powering them. i've got kappas in the front doors and i installed an infinity four channel amp that is wired to all four doors and i can turn them up purty loud and they don't distort:thumbsup
I second the infinitys, replaced factorys first with alpines wasnt happy went to infinitys they rock and added 1 10 behind the seat in my reg cab.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have Blaupunkts 6.5 components in my doors and pioneer 6.5s in the QC doors. I mounted the tweeter by the power mirror switch area on the door panel. I have 2 10''s under the rear seat and like the sound alot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The stock speakers are Infinity. I added 2 10" MTX subs under the back seat. With a Pioneer head unit, stock speakers and the 10's on an amp it sounds really good. I couldn't believe how good it sounded! The guys at the stereo shop couldn't believe it. I'll replace the front and rear when they blow. I have a set of Boston Acoustics 6.5's for the rear already.

Later,

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've got a set of Alpine type R 6x9's in the front and a set of Type R 6 1/2" in the rear. Hooked em up to an Alpine PDX 4.150 digital amp and they sound great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts