Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks. Yes. To the U bolts on the other end.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Fabbing all new brake lines where I can't find stainless to replace factory ones.
Sweet looking build! You might want to consider using nickel/copper lines for the brake lines. Much easier to bend and flare, and won’t crack like stainless sometimes will do. Looks pretty sharp polished too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I did a build very similar to this. Slightly different turbos though. I opted not to get rid of all the painted parts. I just sprayed a very very light coat if clear some of the steel parts. I found out the hard way that paint chips and it only looks good until you have to fix somthing and take those parts off again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This is my second build and the paint stuck great the last time. Maybe it's the preparation or the paint.
Either way clear on the steel sounds cool as well.
How many retorques did you do on your ARP's?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here's the Traction Bars....

I got them from Alligator. They are 65 inches long.
Here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bolts for the after market valve covers including the dual breathers covers needed to be shorter. The shoulder on the stock ones were 20mm. Mc master Carr and now they are 16mm. Perfect.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Heat wrap.
Having melted some wire looms in the past I decided this time I'll pay attention to installing heat wrap. Also, I wanted to keep as much heat as possible in the turbo hot side system to keep hood temps down and save heat to use for power expanding in the turbo.
Manifold and both turbos will be blanketed.
All wires and hoses in the entire engine bay will receive Easy Loom or aluminum shielded fiber glass wrap.
It took a long time but it's going to pay off in abrasion protection, heat protection and good looks.
Lava wrap on turbo hot pipes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
What did you use for the particulate filter? Mine is a small inline piece but it plugs relatively fast and then I have to clean it.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What did you use for the particulate filter? Mine is a small inline piece but it plugs relatively fast and then I have to clean it.
Autometer 5375

Includes water drain as well

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Oil Cooler

The sandwich adapter went on fine and with a little modification to the hard coolant line there's plenty of room for the oil filter to be accessed during PM.

I used AN10 (10/16) fittings for the oil cooler. Parker 836 high temp hose, and wrapped the hoses in RaceFlux silicone fiberglass sleeving with stainless braiding for abrasion resistance.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 164 Posts