Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Considering An I.I. 62Mm Turbo, Fass Titanium 150, After I Buy A Built Trans. Is ThatTurbo A Good Choice For A Daily Driver, Occasional Tow, And Maintain Decent Mileage? How Is The Spool Up On Stock FueL system? IM New So Bare With me.

- I Got My As$ Handed To Me By An 06 With DIablo Predator Upgraded Clutch. So It Is Time

Anyone Use Revmax Trans?

Reactions: Sledracer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same exact question I had i'm looking at a I.I. Thunder 330 which is a 62-74-14 and i was wondering if i could spin that with stock injectors having that size of exhaust housing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope The Guru Crew Helps Us Both!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That 74 mm turbine side and 14cm housing may be just a hair big on stock fuel.... butttttr if you have the right tuning not some out of the box programmer it should be a nice combo and spool well. Maybe a tad laggy with the larger exhaust side but I think it will work. I ran a 62/65/12 on stock fuel and crappy tuning and it was a nice quick spooling cool get setup.

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
UDC all the way. You'll love every cent of your $300.

I agree that turbine and housing is a bit large for stock fueling. Its basically enough for 650hp but stock fueling won't even get close.

Reactions: hotrododge

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
For the guy rowing the gears....get the 12cm turbine housing. For the guy with the auto....14cm will do.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I Ran a ii silver 62 (62-74-14) on stock injectors with a diablo predator and it spooled fine. Egt's were low and it would make around 50psi. I'm now using it in my twin set up. I was told by numerous people it would be horrible in a twin set up but it spools quick, my egt's are always in check and my drive pressure is low.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DoesMy Truck Is An 03, Mine Is The Mutt Year, With 47Re, Wondering About The Weak Fueling I've Read About. Any Comments To That?

- I Looked Into Glow Shift Gauges, Ran Then Before With Good Luck, But They Do Not Have Rail Pressure Gauge, So Who Does?

·
Diesel sniffer
3,801 Posts
Go with Autometer or Isspro. Bro you have a lot of mods to do before your truck is going to be contender. Check out the FAQ section, tons of info there.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I don't care for the 330 and the guy's at II know it, they have much better huffers (single) at just a $200.00 More, DD/tow stay small or be pissed.

Yep those big huffers May run by Me at the speed limit , but so do the Cops.........

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh It Is Just A Street Truck. Faq Section I Read That I Need Fuel (Fass System I Mentioned), Gauges To Watch Everything, Small Single To Keep It street Savvy. Am I Missing Something

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
Edge CTS over standalone gauges.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok, Maybe ARP 200 And Bag O PArts As Well

·
3 footin' through life
12,300 Posts
Your sigg says Isspro
Yeap. And CTS. Isspro connections styles aggravate me. I get fluttering boost often. I'll be sitting with it off and it bounces around from 0-6psi. I've tried many times to get a better connection. I'll be switching to these in a while. Dual Gauges Mainly because aside from power they are plug and play.

Edge for you basic stuff. I run my Edge with the 5 up analog screen. On that screen I display EGT, Load, Rail pressure, IAT and a flavor of the day. I'm torn between adding on more stuff or adding standalone gauges for things like fuel pressure, drive pressure, oil pressure, etc...

For just getting started Edge gets you everything you need for a mildly modded truck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.