Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am brand new to this forum, and I need some help. I recently purchased a 2008 dodge 3500 dually 4x4. I will be towing heavy loads generally around 16,000 or more. I have installed the edge attitude chip, dpf delete, mbrp exhaust, kelderman air suspension. Where do I go now to get more horsepower and keep my egt's down in the proper range. What about my tranny? Thanks

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
For 600 horse I would say you need a built tranny w/ billet shafts, injectors, and probably twin turbos to keep things cool while towing.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
fill out your sig and we can' help you out a little more, but yes, more pressure by the turbo(s) will make it cooler, and then injectors to keep up with that air. More people will chime in soon.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
no twins out for the 6.7s yet. You can stack chips and get some injectors. Other then that even tranny mods are still limited.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Like Compcowboy said, the most you can get right now is through stacking chips...you could then do water/meth to help with EGTs...

·
5,055 Posts
I guess also KMK added a Nitrous System to his truck, not sure that is a "daily usable" feature though.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
no twins out for the 6.7s yet. You can stack chips and get some injectors. Other then that even tranny mods are still limited.
Hey Shawn at ID&P have built Trannys and TC ready to go out the door at a moments notice!!:rof Input Shaft, One Clutch added, Reworked Valve Body, some other stuff and Built TC for $2900 out the door. that is what he told me, I think they are sitting next to the EGR Deletes on the shelf.

·
5,055 Posts
Wow, not that is an interesting post. :rof

1 - 8 of 8 Posts