Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 2x4 and had a engine from a 97 with a 47rh 2 wheel drive behind it. It put down 600 rwhp until I rolled it last November, The Truck is a total right off but the drive train is still good.

Im looking for ideas that are outside the box to put it in. Not wanting to put it in another 2x4. Thinking about a first gen crew long or a off road tube buggy

ideas.......?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Rcsb 4x4 w150. The lightest 4wd truck you can pretty much buy. Light weight and fasssst!

Sent using AutoGuide

·
Registered
297 Posts
and breaking axles and driveshafts like toothpicks.. might as well put it in a ranger or Dakota.

drag car would be badass. something old and big. challenger or cuda or something of those sorts. Anything involving 12 valves and trucks has been done. Most people wouldn't know the difference between a stock 1st gen and one with your 12 valve in it. A challenger on the other hand with a 4" tip sticking out before the rear tire would really throw people off. And with 600hp would be a fun toy. Fitment shouldn't be a problem, we measured up putting one in a 67 galaxie 500 and it would fit (went 428 instead). I know those old mopars have a lot of room under the hood.

Reactions: TURBOLVR

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think a rat rod would be pretty badass but that's just me. The truck above is pretty ing also.

·
Cummins Nut
1,531 Posts
An old power wagon would be sick.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
and breaking axles and driveshafts like toothpicks.. might as well put it in a ranger or Dakota.

drag car would be badass. something old and big. challenger or cuda or something of those sorts. Anything involving 12 valves and trucks has been done. Most people wouldn't know the difference between a stock 1st gen and one with your 12 valve in it. A challenger on the other hand with a 4" tip sticking out before the rear tire would really throw people off. And with 600hp would be a fun toy. Fitment shouldn't be a problem, we measured up putting one in a 67 galaxie 500 and it would fit (went 428 instead). I know those old mopars have a lot of room under the hood.
That's why you use the axles from the rolled truck too

Sent using AutoGuide

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's my list of stuff ive wanted to put a 12v into:

70's Ford F250/350 crew cab short bed
1st gen crew cab short bed
Dodge ramcharger
2nd gen Dodge 1500
99-2003 Chevy 1500 crew cab short bed and doing a solid front axle
an older rat rod

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've just started to look for a 56 Chevy (car not truck) to throw a 12v in. Had one with a 427 and a straight front axle long time ago. This time a 12v and 4wd. My wife even likes the idea.

·
Cummins Nut
1,531 Posts
I know I already said it, but an older power wagon with a cummins in it is the shizzzzzzz. I would buy it, or build it. Classic, classy, and useful.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
as a dd, a 70s ford would be cool. I always liked those trucks

·
Registered
115 Posts

Check out welderup.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.