Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

600 hp?

1949 Views 24 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  rufushusky
I am getting a 2003 HO. It's going to be my project truck and I want 600hp on fuel. It shouldnt be hard. I think I'm going to go with a Smarty, MP-8, 90 horse sticks, and a s300 over s400 setup. Opinions please. I will also have new lift pump and cp3. Any weak points on the 03 that the 06 doesnt?
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I wanted to go with a 3850 DD Valair or SB.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would benefit me more? A new intercooler or water injection?

· Premium Member
340 Posts
i made 582 at TS this year with my 03 ddp90's floor it stage 3 and a 66/71/14 turbo smarty tnt/r and power puck. so you will breeze 600 with the twins but if i were you id go with a bigger injector in the 03 i would do atleast 120 with twins 180s would work great.

problems the 03 04 trucks have that the 04.5 up trucks dont is the injector bodies are prone to failure cracking, wearing causing them to not build rail pressure the way they should causing hard start issues and ruff idle. worse than the newer motors.

Danny

· Driving around on Stilts
1,965 Posts
i made 582 at TS this year with my 03 ddp90's floor it stage 3 and a 66/71/14 turbo smarty tnt/r and power puck. so you will breeze 600 with the twins but if i were you id go with a bigger injector in the 03 i would do atleast 120 with twins 180s would work great.

problems the 03 04 trucks have that the 04.5 up trucks dont is the injector bodies are prone to failure cracking, wearing causing them to not build rail pressure the way they should causing hard start issues and ruff idle. worse than the newer motors.

Danny
I made 588 with an almost identical setup (Mp8 instead of powerpuck) and agree with the 120's.
180's are going to be real smokey.
Water/meth will help more than an intercooler IMO.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any other pointers to look for? How do I relieve the stress on the injectors. I am also looking to do a bypass kit.

· Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Any other pointers to look for? How do I relieve the stress on the injectors. I am also looking to do a bypass kit.
I would throw some studs on that wish list cause of the boost pressure....

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I planned on doing that. Valve springs too. I just want to know if there is something detrimental I need to look for.

· Registered
4,129 Posts
I made 598.7 and clocked 12.4 @ 107 with my setup.
64/71/13ss
Flux 3's
Walbro 392
Smarty TNT/r
Edge EZ
Goerend Tranny

And I still get 540 out of a tank. Hopefully with dual CP3's, it should pump up the 1/4 times since top end the truck falls on its face and also make that pressure box useful too.

I'd get studs,valve springs, coolant by-pass, lift pump, rail cap but modded rail would be nice too from Wicked Diesel. Water/Meth made a difference on a friends truck, he went from 14.2 to 13.6

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am looking really serious into a fuel system. I liked the elimanator from shane but he said it is discontinued. Where does that leave me?

· Registered
314 Posts
well first i would get the most exspensive part out of the way..the Tranny its gonna fail in no time at all...all that stuff is good defiently go water/meth over intercooler, lift pump, maybe dual cp3's, and a capped rail

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Airdog Ii!!!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is my tenative list:

Transmission:
Southbend/Valair 3600 DD

Motor:
Headstuds
Valve springs
Coolant bypass
Water injection

Electronics:
Smarty
MP-8/ Dr. P

Fuel:
Modified Cp3
120's

Induction:
S300 over S400
2nd gen intake manifold/ CFM +

What do you think? Obviously I'm missing a lift pump. Suggestions please.

· Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Here is my tenative list:

Transmission:
Southbend/Valair 3600 DD

Motor:
Headstuds
Valve springs
Coolant bypass
Water injection

Electronics:
Smarty
MP-8/ Dr. P

Fuel:
Modified Cp3
120's

Induction:
S300 over S400
2nd gen intake manifold/ CFM +

What do you think? Obviously I'm missing a lift pump. Suggestions please.
Air Dog, Mitusa, Fuel Boss, Fass they will all take care of you.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just need more research I suppose.

· Registered
91 Posts
I made 611 on a mustang dyno this weekend with whats in my sig with the 37's still on it. It was only about 48 degrees, but I think the dyno was reading higher than it should.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can someone explain to me the difference between fass, airdog, and raptor pumps?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.