Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am thinking about getting 60 hp injectors in the near future if i get 60 over injectors what else will i have to get to allow the injectors to work properly ? Like should I also install a lift pump like a fass ?

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
What else is done to the truck? Fass is good for filtration. 60hp injectors may drain your rail on a big tune.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Might need a cp3 upgrade. My 50s do a pretty good job of draining the rail. If you're running edge tuning like your sig says you will definitely drain it. And egts will be through the roof.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I ran 60's for a while. I ran them with TNT-R SW7. Rail pressure was ok for the most part. Definitely noticed a difference running the 60's with a stroker CP3 though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i will need a lift pump and a cp3 upgrade ? than the truck will run with the 60 over injectors the way they are supposed to ? what are some good brand cp3 and what type should i get? also how much do they run thank you so much for the input .

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Are you wanting these for more power or are your stock ones bad?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might need a cp3 upgrade. My 50s do a pretty good job of draining the rail. If you're running edge tuning like your sig says you will definitely drain it. And egts will be through the roof.
i do still run the edge as of right now .

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
so I am thinking about getting 60 hp injectors in the near future if i get 60 over injectors what else will i have to get to allow the injectors to work properly ? Like should I also install a lift pump like a fass ?
Are you talking about a 60HP injector or a 60% over Injector? Big difference.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you talking about a 60HP injector or a 60% over Injector? Big difference.
60 hp injectors I was told that it would help with performance if done right and add fuel mileage , i just want to know what is all in tailed to get them to run right . and what all i need to save up for .

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you wanting these for more power or are your stock ones bad?
more power and better fuel economy like you were saying in a different post .

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Bigger injectors aren't going to help power by themselves. To do it "right", imo, you'll need a cp3 upgrade and a turbo.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bigger injectors aren't going to help power by themselves. To do it "right", imo, you'll need a cp3 upgrade and a turbo.
imo ? and i wanted to go to the 60hp injectors for better fuel mileage so would i need all that stuff to get better fuel mileage and for it to run properly ?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
imo ? and i wanted to go to the 60hp injectors for better fuel mileage so would i need all that stuff to get better fuel mileage and for it to run properly ?
Imo=in my opinion. Yes for it to run how I believe a truck should run that's what you'll need. I hate not having enough cp3. But $1000 for a turbo plus 1800 for cp3(s) plus at least $2100 for injectors. Plus probably 10 hours to put it all on. Might gain 1-2mpg IF YOU'RE LUCKY. How many miles will it take before you've saved $5000 in fuel?

·
BC Chapter Executive
1,237 Posts
They did for me...I gained 2-3mph in the 1/4 mile consistently with 60hp injectors being the only change at the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts