Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,947 Posts
Building the NV5600 is not for the faint of heart. If it doesn't need rebuilding leave er bee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have heard that the parts to rebuild (syncros) this are on back order....with no est ship date. A friend of mine bought a truck with a bad trans for cheep, when to buy parts.....nightmare started. This was in late sept. I haven't talk to anyone since, but just thought I would say something so you look in to it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have heard that the parts to rebuild (syncros) this are on back order....with no est ship date. A friend of mine bought a truck with a bad trans for cheep, when to buy parts.....nightmare started. This was in late sept. I haven't talk to anyone since, but just thought I would say something so you look in to it.
They come and go. Aftermarket only, and aftermarket doesnt keep up. Or just buy new gear assemblies at 400/ea!

So look and keep looking. Eventually some will pop up, better be ready with $$$ when they do.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
last i had heard you needed some pretty fancy tools to dismantle these things IIRC...

·
Registered
121 Posts
You will need some specialized tools... as to exactly what, I'm not sure. Try calling Quad 4x4 and they may have some info on what is required.

You can buy the rebuild kit here:
NV5600 Dodge Transmission Six Speed Manual Transmission Rebuild Kits & Parts - Drivetrain.com

Or here (this one's cheaper, but I can't comment on the quality):
NV5600, Synchro & Bearing Kit [CT-BK492WS] - $299.99 : Automatic, Standard Transmission and Transfer Case Rebuild Kits, Cobra Transmission Parts 1-800-293-1848

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
The last I heard the syncros were supposed to be back on shelves Sept 2012. I haven't checked for awhile but Jamie at cpp seemed to have the best connection of where to find them. My buddy couldn't find them anywhere in aug so he had to go with a rebuild replacement for 3k.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
So it pretty much looks like the only choices are find a good stock tranny or go aftermarket
Well talk to your tranny place and see if they can get the parts. It's worth a try to see if you can do it a little bit cheaper

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I bought a reman in early 2011 from Drivetrain.com
i'll never do it again lol. I'll just convert to a ZF6 or a built NV4500

·
Registered
24 Posts
Search this forum for "Fuller" or "FSO6404a" if you are 2WD. Worth a look if you are 4WD, but more difficult.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.