Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in 6th gear about 60 mpg and I speed up to 70 mph the rpm jumps up 2500 rpm than the speed catches up. Is this normal for these 3500 or is my clutch taking a dump? I am a Ford diesel tech and never seen this in the Ford. It only does it in 6th gear not the other yet. I just bought this truck a month ago and fixing all the little stuff on it. Like tappet covet oil leak.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
When in 6th gear about 60 mpg and I speed up to 70 mph the rpm jumps up 2500 rpm than the speed catches up. Is this normal for these 3500 or is my clutch taking a dump? I am a Ford diesel tech and never seen this in the Ford. It only does it in 6th gear not the other yet. I just bought this truck a month ago and fixing all the little stuff on it. Like tappet covet oil leak.
:agree2:Need a clutch my old truck did this same thing, um about a week before it stoped moving...... :S:

· Registered
959 Posts
Oreilly? Well they be be lifetime warranty but if you like pulling trannys and replacing them thats fine, i would rather replace it once and be DONE

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oreilly? Well they be be lifetime warranty but if you like pulling trannys and replacing them thats fine, i would rather replace it once and be DONE
Who would you suggest I get the clutch from? This truck is becoming a money pit. Hahaha.

· Registered
511 Posts
South Bend Double Clutch for the 6 speed is the best way!

Soon I will be going this route.

Many of our vendors can hook you up with a deal. Just put in a request!

Good luck.

· Registered
677 Posts
No clutch is for ever. I <3 my Southbend dual disk 3600# plate load. Its aggressive but not to the point you cant drive it.

Give Peter a call at 1-800-988-4345. He will steer you right for your set up. Helped me out a ton when I ordered mine.

· Registered
1,120 Posts
do you have an edge or some other box on your truck, my truck dose the same thing when i have the box on but if i put it back in stock it will not slip at all no madder what i do and i have a south bend in my truck

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called Peter and no answer.
Truck is stock with 195k miles on the clock.
Thanks everyone I will look into these clutches

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Valair DD and you will be happy
Not lookin for a race truck, but just going to add a few mods and let it be. Where can I get this valair clutch at? I think while I have the trany droped I might go ahead and do the pilot bearing and rear main seal for good measures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.