Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up somewhat of a project truck 01 6speed 4wd 300k on it already found many bad ground and repaired each time i repaired one it would be better but not perfect at first truck would die when headlights were turned on, now that is corrected eventually i went through my checks of powers and ground as well as fuel pressure to the VP which was 14-18 psi at all times. does have a crappy edge in it at this time, there was alot of hacked and corroded electrical ive been going through which would get rid of these codes at times and then once drive 10 mins or so they would return. recently a put a cheap APPS sensor in which helped for about 25 mins before that crapped out worse than the original one that i got the truck. Also it doesnt blow any smoke but black basically i would be accelerating it would then cut fuel rpms drop then they would climb and dump black smoke out the exhuast. does anyone have any idea what it could be or a way to test more than a few amps for supply current to pump and ecm? slowly running out of the obvious area of failure.

thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts