Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
you would be makin a mistake if you buy those tires. I run 10 ply on my 3/4 ton. i had some new brigestone duelers put on it and they put 8ply on it instead of the 10 ply like i told them and i had 3 flats within a week. brought it back and they put my 10 plys on and aint had a problem yet

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got 8ply on mine, not crazy about it, but its a road truck for the most part. I def. would not get 6ply, thats passenger car territory

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
HMMM. Sounds like you are getting the same answers as your first thread. A good deal is not a good deal when you get in an accident and hurt somebody because you wanted to put under rated tires on your truck. If money is the issue the Tread Wright Company makes a damn good tire that honestly is inspected more than a new tire is. Otherwise I find used tires in Craigs List all the time. Be safe!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok thats what i thought. . . well i wanted a cheap off road tires that if i slice up then its no big deal. . . im thiking ill get them JUST for off roading and put them on my stock steelyies. . . but i do alot of offroading and towing. . .(usally not at the same time) but i need a tire for both. . . that website looks good. . . thanks Shainer!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I would run d's for offroading but wouldn't even let them touch pavement. Oh 6 ply... nevermind. I wouldn't even go there.

·
Registered
873 Posts
get a set of 265 70 17 ten ply toyo mts and have a tire that works townig and off roading and dont worry about having to switch tires and wheels all the time

·
SNAFU
3,369 Posts
6 ply will be horrilbe for offraoding, first time you hit a rock or a stump or something, there goes your tire, you will save money by spending a little more to get the right tire the first time.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Easy way is to remember that your truck ways 7000 lbs plus empty, with most of that on the front axle. Easy to overload a 6 ply tire with a hard bump or drop into a hole.
:flag1:

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would bet if you had a blowout with a 6 ply on the road, and your insurance company found out, they might give you a hard time about paying the claim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dont go anywhere near a 6ply tire, i bought my truck from this stupid dealer and it had a 4 ply tires on it, they heated up and i am lucky i didnt loose it on the freeway and have them blow out. I say pay the extra money and get 10 ply and have peace of mind

·
Registered
49 Posts
my last set of tires was bfg at's 6 ply and they did hold up ( i even hauled heavy and cross country ) but always looked low pressure all the time.. i got maybe 20,000 miles on them... and then they were junk.. now have bfg at 10 ply and have 40,000 miles and still good tread left , will last till fall now for sure... good luck 6 ply not worth it..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts