Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. i just got a 2007 2500 5.9 4 door laramie. Im debating over the 6 or the 8 inch lift. if you guys have any pics that can help me make my choice that would be great. i know that i want 37 inch tires. im just not sure on lift yet. Thanks
-Michele

·
SC Chapter President
1,288 Posts
I've got a buddy of mine with an '06 dually, and he fits 37's with a 6" no problem. Looks really sweet too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
6" or 8" for 37's

Does the 6" inch lift only clear if it is 4x4, since they sit higher stock? And along with the original question, what is the best ride quality 6" lift on a late model 2500 4x4? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do the 8" gives you clearence for everything. Never ave to even concern about rubbing. and as long as your tearing the suspension apart and adding a lift, you might as well go for it!! I have a 9" and the ride quality isnt bad considering the lift and tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
6 inch with 37's is a good look!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Do the 8" gives you clearence for everything. Never ave to even concern about rubbing. and as long as your tearing the suspension apart and adding a lift, you might as well go for it!! I have a 9" and the ride quality isnt bad considering the lift and tires.
I thought body lifts were a bad idea with a diesel?? :popcorn:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Why is that bad?? It doesnt effect the motor or trans all it affects is the sterring linkage and drivetrain angles and i had both of them replaced. Ive never heard of that before, now im curious..

·
Registered
602 Posts
something i heard about it raising the bumper and what not blocking air and allowing less air to the intercooler? Don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't think it would make a whole heck of a lot of difference? All I know is not many people do them.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I would go with the 6" and a 2" leveling kit that will give you the 8" you need if you are worried about rubbing and will be cheaper btw im pretty sure you can clear 37's EASILY on a 6 you can clear 37's on a 4.5

·
Registered
235 Posts
something i heard about it raising the bumper and what not blocking air and allowing less air to the intercooler? Don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't think it would make a whole heck of a lot of difference? All I know is not many people do them.
I've heard that it is because the radiators location in relation to the engine changes, which can cause the cooling system to not work properly.
Not sure though.

There is a body lift out there that costs about $500 or so that claims to be made for a Dodge Ram with a Cummins... I think I may have seen it in the 4Wheel Parts catalog, or a Diesel Magazine.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
body lifts are very bad news for diesels..it moves the bumper over the intercooler and creates major heat problems..definately a bad idea on a diesel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts