Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pretty much decided on getting a 3600 DD clutch. Im just a little confused on the difference between the 6 and 12 button. Can anyone explain the difference as far as performance and drivability. Thanks!:thumbsup

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
I've pretty much decided on getting a 3600 DD clutch. Im just a little confused on the difference between the 6 and 12 button. Can anyone explain the difference as far as performance and drivability. Thanks!:thumbsup
if your looking for the ultimate streetable clutch get the 12 button.
the 6 button clutches are for drag racing. it is a bit more grabby. i dont notice it abit with mine but thats because ive had it for a long while.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert. Did you mention before that one of them shifts faster? Im guessing that would be the 6 since its designed for drag racing, right? I got a PM from Peter and he siad the new design DD with the sprung hub isnt as loud as the old ones so I think Im just going to take a gamble and get one.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
yes the 6 button shifts faster because there is less rotating mass to slow down, between shifts. watch this video this is my 3250 6 CB and i am letting completely out of the throttle be tween shifts. dont ask me why. mines the black one in the far lane BTW. racing our shop truck in the near lane. the first 1:45 is all BS because the track officials had no idea WTH to do!

YouTube - my 12.92 pass.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hey robert if you haven't already said what gear did you take off in, and do you recomend the 3250? I was going to go with the 3600, but if i can save a little money.....

Thanks chad

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
Hey robert if you haven't already said what gear did you take off in, and do you recomend the 3250? I was going to go with the 3600, but if i can save a little money.....

Thanks chad
i launched in third gear! :thumbsup

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
Which is better for sled pulling, yet streetable 6 or 12?
its my understanding that the 12puck clutch is more street friendly and also better when hooked to a sled!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts