Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any pics of this set up? im thinking of replacing my 37's with 35's when its time to change. just wondering how its gonna look.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I had a 06 with a 4" lift with 35" Dick Cepek and they looked alittle small, so I am sure with a 6" lift they will look very small. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Why? Why would you wanna do that? Wish my truck looked like yours, leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tow quite often 10-15k and the 37s take it's toll on the gearing and power. The wife and I were thinking of getting a tow behind camper or fifth wheel I'd I could fit one. Other then the stress it causes on all the componants I do like it and it does look good IMO. I just wanted to see what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I think you would have alot better luck with 35's for what you want out of the truck!

I love my 37's but I'm sure most on here would say I should be running 44's or somthing. Bottom line is stick with the look you want and what your wheel will allow you to run offset wise. Your truck did look great with 37's though.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Keep some 35's for towing and 37's for showing..Wow Im like a poet and didnt know it.
Now if you really were a poet, you woulda finished by adding "even" to it. Read it this way chucksta:

"Keep some 35's for towing and 37's for showing........wow Im like a poet and didnt EVEN know it"

Thats some poetry mo fo:hehe:

In seriousness, I agree with Chuck. I have 35's and 37's for when I tow.......

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,779 Posts
37s almost look small for a 6" lift :confused013:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I really liked my 35" with 6" lift looked perfect to me. I absolutely hate the 37" they rub like crazy.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really liked my 35" with 6" lift looked perfect to me. I absolutely hate the 37" they rub like crazy.
got any photos!!!

I would never go through the hastle of swappin tires each time i wanted t tow... its not like i tow a few times a yr camping... im towing up to 17000lbs on the weekly

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yep heres two different sets of 35's i've had. I will take them over the 37's anyday, absolutely no rubbing is GREAT! I ended up getting bored of tires and don't think i've had the same set for more then about 5 months :lol4:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya, see I feel 35's on 6" looks better on a QC then a Mega

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I agree 6" and 35's for a qcsb and 8" and 37's for a mega!

Your truck did look sick with 37's though

·
Registered
53 Posts
i plan on doing the same thing cause with a 3:73 gear when u puton the 35s it drops it to like a 2:80 and slow as crap off the line 37s would be even worse..if u do it post some pics thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
heres a 6in with 35x25.50x18 on a quad....
If you plan the wheels/tire combo with the right backspacing you can make it look good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts