Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are u all seein for engine temps pulling? I recently travelled approx. 250 miles to a rodeo over several 6% grade hills with my edge set at step 1 and 2, and was setting the buzzer off at 213 degrees. I know the pyrometer is not totally accurate but i crused around 60-65 mph with approx. 8300 lbs. on a bumper pull. Didn't think I would see the engine temp alarm go off.....?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Less than 200 going 75-80 empty...

·
Registered
388 Posts
mines at 190 on the highway 196 in traffic

·
Registered
497 Posts
mine will warm up like that .. but its 112 here in the day or more .. i wouldnt worry..

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Mine went just a tick over 200 the other day. We've been anywhere from 96 to 105.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine is 189 while idling in a parking lot, its 103 outside. 210 is the hottest it got today, while outside temp was at 108 or higher, this could have been driving, I wasn't watching it though, just looking at my records(just got the edge put in today).

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I usually see between 195 and 204. Only seen above that a couple times in real short times.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My Edge gave me an alarm on the way home, engine temp go to 211. I was going up a pretty big hill, but the truck was empty. At what temp should I be worrying about?

·
Registered
581 Posts
with my edge on 6 and the mp-8 all the way up at 90 on the highway it got 213 to day

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
When I was towing on a hilly logging road the alarm went off when the temp hit 211 degrees. I bumped the alarm setting up a few more degrees and I have not heard the alarm since. I do not believe that sustained 215 degree engine temperatures will hurt this engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts