Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on an Edge Juice with attitude, H&S 5" turbo back DPF delete exhaust, EGR delete plates, and S&B intake. The truck ran fine for the first 500+ miles, but today while riding in town(after idling for 15+ minutes) the truck started trying to go into regen over and over again. I tried clearing the codes several times with no luck. The truck is also making a weird hissing noise on decelleration and stumbling and bucking too. The guys I bought the H&S kit from at PDI told me to try disconnecting the batteries to erase the current regen loop. I am trying that as I type. They said if that doesn't fix it, they will send me some more fooler boxes for the DPF. Has anybody else had similar problems with a DPF delete? My biggest concern is serious damage to the turbo or other hard parts of the engine. Is this a real possibility? The loud hissing is what worries me, and the fact that the truck started smoking out of the exhaust during one of the more severe bucking fits. The guys at PDI say the hissing is the variable vanes of the turbo closing down due to the regen. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The battery disconnect didn't help at all. After leaving the batteries disconnected for a couple hours the truck went into regen in about 30 seconds after cranking. The guys at PDI were extremely helpful though and sent me three new fooler boxes by overnight freight free of charge. I hope that fixes my problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts