Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARGHHHH. Ive had this problem for awhile now and sounds maybe like its getting worse but then thinking maybe not. But never got it figured out.

Maybe an air leak coiming from passenger side engine between middle of engine and Cold are intake tube around top sensor on AFE tube with 2 screws. Near EGR possible. Only happens if idles for a few minutes or longer. This happens from after startup and warm up for few minutes or coming to a rest for a few minutes after a drive. Noise only happens for maybe a minute too.

Noise sounds like a squeeling pig that over noises the turbo sound which is still there by the way. When taking off normally you dont hear it but when turbo lights up you hear it loud. U also hear it with EB on slowing down at any gear if i use the EB from 1 minute after idle.

Any CLUES????????????????

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Coop,

Thats a good one dude, have you took the intake tube off the front of the VGT and had a look for something stuck in there and getting into the impeller??? Then, next question, does your boost pressures look good and normal???

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been making this noise since brand new. I think it might be a leak somewhere but wouldnt know wehere to begin. No boost gauge here but shure starting to wish i had 1.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I would have to guess you very well may have a leak dude... To tell if you have an intake leak, sometimes you can find these by taking a can of carb cleaner and spray it around all the gaskets and clamps and really getting them wet, if you spay an area and the Cummins runs up of idle a little, might have a close look see at that area.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to guess you very well may have a leak dude... To tell if you have an intake leak, sometimes you can find these by taking a can of carb cleaner and spray it around all the gaskets and clamps and really getting them wet, if you spay an area and the Cummins runs up of idle a little, might have a close look see at that area.
Im gonna have to do something. As of now i think my pcv filter got clogged so now i have a valve cover leak too.. Arghh. let the break downs begin

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Sounds like an exhaust leak I had one that was the same way its a horrible sound Check around your egr cooler and see if its leaking anywhere It doesnt take much of a leak to make that noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts