Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First 6.7. Always had 5.9. I’m curious about cold air intakes. Always ran AFE’s on 5.9’s. Last one I had was one ton single tire short with 4:10 rear end, six speed, afe intake, edge attitude programmer, kbrp exhaust, 450 hp single disk south bend. It would run. Not really looking for all that now, but would like to know any others experience with just cai on 6.7. Leaning towards banks, bd diesel or back to afe.

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
You have two posts going on this. Factory is a CAI with great sealing capabilities for the fleetguard filters. Lots of airflow for the stock charger.

Reactions: SRich12

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have two posts going on this. Factory is a CAI with great sealing capabilities for the fleetguard filters. Lots of airflow for the stock charger.
Sorry for the two post, I’ll figure out how to delete one. Thank you for your response. One concern is the mouth of the intake sits behind the crossbar of the grill. From the eye it appears to restrict airflow. I am 100% on board with oem being best. That’s why I’m reaching out to you guys who are more knowledgeable

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The stock CAI has more then enough air flow and great filtering. There is no advantage to getting a after market one, you'll just be throwing your money away.

Reactions: daMonk

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
There is literally almost 0 advantage to any cold air intake on a stock vehicle. You would have to assume that the engineers that designed the truck didn't know how much air the thing would consume. I'm guessing the engineers that work at the OEMs are smarter then the guys that figured out you can slap an aluminum tube and K&N filter on something.

OEM air boxes are designed to cancel out intake noises there is a lot of though put into those.

I'll admit I have run a cold air intake on 1 vehicle but that is because I added a supercharger and was outside the original design limits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.