Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here it is in one spot.

Just keep in mind, until the Smarty details are publicized, the question marks will stay in place.

This is intended to be a un-bias accumulation of all the 6.7 controllers. If you have any corrections, PM me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice work!

If this was a sticky, it'd negate everyone having to wade through thread after thread about "What chip is the best?".

I think the Smarty's max is supposed to be 170hp initially, and obviously more down the road. And if the S06 is any indication, a lot of the Smarty's "?" will be Yes.

As a suggestion, could you put MSRP cost at the bottom?

·
Unreconstructed
6,118 Posts
Nice one Steve! This is definitely STICKY-worthy!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
nice job but the XRT isnt even close to being code free, Edge will custom tune a program for you upon request and you pay, PMT code free...thats funny .

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
nice job but the XRT isnt even close to being code free, Edge will custom tune a program for you upon request and you pay, PMT code free...thats funny .
What isnt code free about the XRT other than the ones that had problems (ie big island pipeguy and one other)

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
I have an XRT and I am not sure how you can say it isn't code free cause mine is. The Edge & PMT were listed as code free because they clear codes on start up.

Steve and I worked on this Matrix and some folks don't seem to like it. I don't get why? Now I went to every manufactuers web site and then vendors web sites to try and find out as much info as I could. If you see something wrong then Steve or I will try to get it correct on the Matrix.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What isnt code free about the XRT other than the ones that had problems (ie big island pipeguy and one other)
Wildman4X4nut is the third. Out of 400 units.

2 out of the 3 were fixed the same day.

Remember, these 6.7's seem to be erratic. Each one seems to respond differently. You'd need a 1000 trucks to test on.

Trust me, the XRT IS IN FACT code free. Your information is about a month old. Problem was a simple fix.

Guys. . don't kill this thread too

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an XRT and I am not sure how you can say it isn't code free cause mine is. The Edge & PMT were listed as code free because they clear codes on start up.

Steve and I worked on this Matrix and some folks don't seem to like it. I don't get why? Now I went to every manufactuers web site and then vendors web sites to try and find out as much info as I could. If you see something wrong then Steve or I will try to get it correct on the Matrix.
I was just about to publicly thank you, a 2nd time, for your work. But as you can see, I was distracted, again.

Unfortunately, they are starting already. It's a plan

·
Registered
177 Posts

You guys did a great job on the matrix. You did a great job with all the information and facts provided by the manufactures. Some people want opinons to be passed on as facts because they like one brand more than the other. You guys just keep up the good work with facts and the people that want to make an informed decison will have a useful tool.:yourock:

·
Unreconstructed
6,118 Posts
I'm thinking it is...

B/c MY XRT IS CODE FREE...100% code free!

So, let's just boot them out of the way...

Also...look in that guy's sig......it says BAD-P...

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
Cattlefeeder,
Thanks

Yes I agree and the sad part is that there will always be people out there who do stuff like that.

It sucks that the other thread had to get locked I hope that this one doesn't. People need something like this. I do think it can be improved on and I plan to try working on it this next week.

Everyone please lets not get this thread locked too.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
2 questions guys the xrt for the 999 comes with what all included (tuner&sims or is there more)

did they get the tire calibration up beyond 35"

what are they gonna charge for the new hp tunes and POD and monitor (just close guess if ya can) maybe casey will give us better anwsers

would like to see a few more in between tunes guess those could be the custom tunes

ok that was more than two
but ill prob be callin casey soon

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
2 questions guys the xrt for the 999 comes with what all included (tuner&sims or is there more)

did they get the tire calibration up beyond 35"

what are they gonna charge for the new hp tunes and POD and monitor (just close guess if ya can) maybe casey will give us better anwsers

would like to see a few more in between tunes guess those could be the custom tunes

ok that was more than two
but ill prob be callin casey soon

It comes with the tuner, three sims, tuner to OBDII cable, usb cable, instructions, & carrying case.

The price for the 175 & 225 tune had changes so I don't want to comment. I have heard around $300 for the monitor but not sure.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
Polaraco, I can't PM you back if you have PM's turned off....:whip:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Great post it makes things much easier to compare, now that I know the xrt has higher HP tunes I will have to look into getting one. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
14 posts were deleted from this thread because they were either off-topic or too argumentative.

Please remember: You are all members. You all have opinions. They are all equal.

Keep it on-topic and civil gentleman.

Thanks.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Very nice matrix. I think you should include base prices, and where you have dates for updates to be released, you should put the cost there also. ................., but otherwise nice job.
Where is the Smarty made, and why does that matter?

·
Registered
466 Posts
yes, only thing missing is the M$RP. but I know different vendors have slightly different prices, too...

THanks for putting this together!!!!! :yourock:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts