Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to this great site. Ok Saturday afternoon went to start truck waited for light off turn key turned over and over like 5 seconds no start turned key off then tried again after light off fired right up truck after warm up no issue sunday same issue no start at first same deal. Temp outside was mid 80's monday morning 59 degrees light came on for 3 seconds and did not hear relay click under the hood which i have heard in the past book says heater grid turns on below 66 degrees did not hear it at 59 degrees this morning most of the time relay click right before light off turned over fired right up any ideas 2010 ram 2500 4x4 big horn 2200 miles brand new still help?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hi all new to this great site. Ok Saturday afternoon went to start truck waited for light off turn key turned over and over like 5 seconds no start turned key off then tried again after light off fired right up truck after warm up no issue sunday same issue no start at first same deal. Temp outside was mid 80's monday morning 59 degrees light came on for 3 seconds and did not hear relay click under the hood which i have heard in the past book says heater grid turns on below 66 degrees did not hear it at 59 degrees this morning most of the time relay click right before light off turned over fired right up any ideas 2010 ram 2500 4x4 big horn 2200 miles brand new still help?
Auto? If you are, it's the key fob......call your dealer and tell them, there is a flash for it I believe. Mine has done it 2 times, but I have not gotten the flash to fix it.

Reactions: Jeremy D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Funny thing,
I had the same problem and if you search you will find it was a problem for many trucks in 2010. It happened all the time for me.

The work around was to either start it immediately without waiting for the grid heater light to go off, or, wait several second after the light went out before cranking it.

However, after I installed my MiniMax it has never failed to start again! Not once!

Strange things indeed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mid 80's??????? I am waiting for 10" of snow tomorrow and a blizard warning. I dont know you but I think I hate you.

JK, good luck with your truck. Call the dealer with your VIN and see if you need updates.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had same problem with my truck. Started up fine everytime with remote. Would go start it up. Crank and crank till turned off key. Second attempt started right up. All it ended up being was the battery was starting to crap out in my FOB. Replaced it hasn't done it since. I believe the battery number was CR2032.

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
Had same problem with my truck. Started up fine everytime with remote. Would go start it up. Crank and crank till turned off key. Second attempt started right up. All it ended up being was the battery was starting to crap out in my FOB. Replaced it hasn't done it since. I believe the battery number was CR2032.
The FOB batterys suck. Im on my 5th one and second fob havent even touched my secound one yet either

·
Registered
168 Posts
The fob (tip start) doesn't need a battery in it at all to start the truck from inside. The truck reads the RFID chip regardless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts