Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
annoying service required in overhead

service required keeps displaying in overhead does anyone have a solution yet 07 08 trucks with 18me. I have 5 trucks 4 2007 and 1 2008 Does not set code but can clear codes with smarty and goes away for a while. Display dont bother me its that dam chime thats anoying.
smarty says working on it. 19me is out is it any better or worse. all trucks are doing the same same thing.

smarty with 5" exhaust egr and cooler delete all sensors unplugged exept egr motor only. set on #3

if smarty or some one could fix this it would be great set up.

trucks run great no cel and good milage. fix the chime and i will be happy

· Registered
182 Posts
I dont think it has anything to do with the smarty, mine said that and i dont have the smarty yet. what it is the ecm internal clock saying that the egr has to be serviced, i found that out a month so after the dealer put a new turbo and egr cooler on my truck, so i ask what was for and they give me the way to clear it. sorry cant remember how.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
I have this same message ever 2500 to 3000 miles on the OHD. I clear the message with a code reader since I keep this in the truck. Smarty will also clear this to.
The Smarty will stay there are no CEl's, just erase any way. You might have to reset the OHD again but I have found that this is not necessary to do. The OHD will display System OK after I erase the message. Then 2500 miles later the OHD will display this again.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
152 Posts
I get this same thing. Does anyone know why it is doing this? Could it be b/c I have a freeze plug in the egr tube

· Registered
182 Posts
I get this same thing. Does anyone know why it is doing this? Could it be b/c I have a freeze plug in the egr tube
I guess you didnt read my message but it has to do with the trucks internal clock saying the egr has to be cleaned. Next time your at your dealer ask your service guy for a print out on how to clear all the stuff, like oil change and service required.

· Banned
3,756 Posts
Next time this happends check and see if you dash screen says dpf full the internal dpf counter clock will trigger a service message in order to reset just unload and reload the catcher software. The software version you are running disables the egr deeming it useless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.