Cummins Diesel Forum banner

6.7 rail vs 5.9 rail

956 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dieselwrencher 
#1 ·
im gathering parts and am planning on building a 6.7 long block for next years pull truck a early 04. was looking over the fuel rails on the 2 engines tonight and debate trying to use the 6.7 rail for size reasons mostly,but id have to adapt the 5.9 sensors to it, are the 6.7 injectors and rails good for more rail pressure than the 5.9?? don has said the 6.7 injector bodys wont work with the 5.9 ecm. anyone have any info on these comparisions??

#2 ·
Not 100% but i could swore i read somewhere the 5.9 rail is actually bigger inside of the rail?? not certain tho... but also as far as more RP i would think they are both rated for the same peak psi.. Have you checked into modified rails?? They suppose to be helpful to some extent and basically are bored out bigger

#4 ·
I noticed the 6.7 lines are all bigger,but after a close look with the caliper the mail feed lines are the same od. id love to do the boss hoss intake on it.

#5 ·
heres what little i know strait from bocsh the 6.7 fuel rail can hold 29000PSI sustained with know harm to the unit dont know what the 5.9 can but thats all I know

#7 ·
thats what im thinking,the feed lines the same size. took both heads off side by side the 6.7 and 5.9 heads look the same except for 2 small coolant holes between cyl holes or close to where they meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.