Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

6.7 problems

985 4
my dads 07 6.7 having some starting problems and i couldnt find anything wrong with it that would it keep it from starting for a while eventually we got a ecm/pcm intermintent power code and when cleared the truck started right up.
truck runs and drives fine now but the cel is on. and when we pull codes we get PO700 Transmission Control System (mil requirement)

i wouldnt think that would cause a nostart but i dunno much about these trucks (im a ford guy) anybody no what that code means? or have any ideas about the no start problem?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It cranks very slowly. When it doesn't start...its fine now with no more codes or anything but this isn't the first time its done this this week so I'm sure its going to happen again

· Registered
3 Posts
If your batteries are known to be good - sounds like 1 of 3 things 1. bad starter ( i know its like new but it happens) 2. bad ground - next time it does this try hooking jumper cables direct from starter ground (case of starter or mount bolt) to battery neg post. If it cranks well or even just better you have a ground problem. 3. Could also be voltage drop to starter. When it does this check voltage at starter hot post - you should have battery voltage here. If not try jumper cable trick again only on hot side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.