Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has a 07 Dodge with the new 6.7 and i guess has the edge on there. Really don't know much more about it

Anyways he was driving it this weekend fooling around and under a big load it start to pop and wouldn';t show anything on boost he back out of it and lay into it again and do the samething

Started to baby it and it be fine until it start laying in on it

Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Get rid of the edge or use it as a monitor, 6.7's have enough power stock.:thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have never had that issue with mine. I would have him double check the connections and try it again.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
CFN,

Comments like yours shows only just how much a smart a$$ you are and that's it. There is many guys on here using the Edge products on these new 6.7's and with wonderful results from them dude, you must not can read either or you would have known that as well. No better comments and as far from the truth as yours should be kept to your self sir!!!

FordMan,

Without a little more info on this friends 6.7 its going to be quite a problem for many of the great guys here to help you...

You might ask him how many miles is on her and if anything like the DPF has been deleted or any other kinds of mods, so as to help the guys here better understand what might be going on.

Might ask him if he has changed the fuel filter recently or ever depending on the miles and that sort of thing.

You might even ask them to get on here and sign up and visit with us also. There are way more guys here with much better manners than what you saw with this one such persons post to your thread dude, don't go and judge the rest of us by jerks like they are... I am sorry for such a smarta$$ comment from someone that doesn't know when to keep their mouth shut!!!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I got my 6.7L 4x4 Quad Cab Dually less then 9 months ago. I put the AFE Air Filter and AFE Exhaust on it. I run a hot shot company and my truck has already over 120k miles on it. I didn't "chip" it yet as I didn't want to screw myself on my warranty. Well since my warranty is up I wanted to get the Edge w/Attitude. Is that the best chip for the 6.7L. I like it cause it has all the built in monitors/gauges. What can of positive mpg will I get from it. Any other mods out there that I can do to help increase the mpg on the truck. Thanks. Jeremiah

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Best chip for mileage is the TS Performance MP-8, avg gains 2-4 MPG. The edge is a nice chip, good power and gauges to monitor. Mileage you may see a 1-2 MPG increase but you may also cause more regens from the power. Without deleting the DPF you wont get the best out of anything. Read around here on the forums about DPF Deletes. Good Luck and Happy Modding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow Jeb_H, a little harsh there don't you think? He didn't seem to be coming off as a smart and he sure didn't offend the thread starter.

Fordman, you're really not giving us a whole lot of info to go off of. Just like Jeb said, you should talk to your friend and see what he has done to his truck or come on here him self and talk to people and see if he can find the problem.

AND WELCOME

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nothing against the Edge but alot of people hear noises, I have a c&c which I heard was not compatable with the edge. I'd use the edge as a monitoring system.

Sorry to offend anybody, like I expected and as already stated, there are enough people people on this site like Jeb h, compcowboy who can set you straight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was no problem what yall said.

Truck has 3000 miles on it stock dpf stuff he said and going into a larger to exit it.

And im going to tell him to sign up and ask and list his mods i don't see him that much thought i ask to try to help him though.

If he doesn't sign up its his bad! lol

thanks guys :)

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
CFN,

Comments like yours shows only just how much a smart a$$ you are and that's it. There is many guys on here using the Edge products on these new 6.7's and with wonderful results from them dude, you must not can read either or you would have known that as well. No better comments and as far from the truth as yours should be kept to your self sir!!!

FordMan,

Without a little more info on this friends 6.7 its going to be quite a problem for many of the great guys here to help you...

You might ask him how many miles is on her and if anything like the DPF has been deleted or any other kinds of mods, so as to help the guys here better understand what might be going on.

Might ask him if he has changed the fuel filter recently or ever depending on the miles and that sort of thing.

You might even ask them to get on here and sign up and visit with us also. There are way more guys here with much better manners than what you saw with this one such persons post to your thread dude, don't go and judge the rest of us by jerks like they are... I am sorry for such a smarta$$ comment from someone that doesn't know when to keep their mouth shut!!!
Don't worry Fordman, I am having a hard time with their English too. My nine year old son writes better than that. Also, the 6.7's make great power stock.:butt::butt::butt::lol3::lol3::lol3::butt::butt::butt:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts