Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what mileage did it seem right to change the oil...
all i know is today the truck gave me a message saying contact dealer, oil changed needed or whatever

truck is just about at 2,700 miles

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I did my first at 2500 miles. Then 7500 I think. Installed bypass here. I will send my next uoa off at 15000 miles on oil and see what they say.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine came on and was changed at about 3,000 and 7,000 miles, it’s now at about 11,000 and I haven’t seen it since. It’s fairly normal and as the engine breaks in the interval between oil changes should extend as the truck gets some miles on it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My first change was at 3250 and it had not told me to do that yet. I just had it changed today, I got the same message you did, just over 6k on the clock and had pulled a heavy trailer with tractor most of that. I have lifetime free oil and filter changes so I am going in every 3k miles if the system tells me too or not. This is going to cost them in the long run.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first change was at 3250 and it had not told me to do that yet. I just had it changed today, I got the same message you did, just over 6k on the clock and had pulled a heavy trailer with tractor most of that. I have lifetime free oil and filter changes so I am going in every 3k miles if the system tells me too or not. This is going to cost them in the long run.
good point its probably from "Using the Truck" towing my toys around...tractors, boats, offroad vehicles...

i guess you have a point too free oil and filter changes i am going to take advantage

·
Registered
368 Posts
i always change a new truck at 3k miles and then about every 4500 .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bought the lifetime oil change at the stealership. I take it in every 3K and smile!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
My service plan pays for an oil change every 10,000kms. The change oil display has never come on in my truck. I took the truck in for the 10k service and the changed the oil, rotated the tires, G30 recall, updated the ecm with the latest flash and lubricated and checked the entire truck over while I was there. I left my modifications on the truck. The tech there understands that some of us just want our trucks to last longer than the warranty. I am happy to report yet another milage increase since the G30 and the latest flash was put on my truck. I will have a better idea on how it performs on fuel after I do some more pulling this weekend.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You should change the oil every time you buy fuel..... :$:

LOL... I gotta make a living too... :w:

·
Registered
31 Posts
My warning light came on at 1700 miles. I went to the dealer and he said it goes on time and mileage and since my oil has been in the truck for over a year it should be changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts