Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am throwing this back at the 6.7 crowd. I installed my new FASS 95/150-1007 today and had a few problems( it wont run) :thud:The instructions are a little confusing so I went to there web sight, not much better. The picture of the injector pump is not quite right, the instructions for connecting the main power wires were different than the instructions online. The instructions I have in hand say to connect the green wire to the battery ground, the red wire to the lighter fuse? I followed the suggestions from the replies on my last post and connected the red wire to the POS battery post. The pump still has no life. Does this sound right "At the fuel tank there is an electrical connector connecting to the to of the fuel tank. Disconnect this connector; gently pull this wire harness and connector bellow the frame rail. Simply cut the black outside wire, this is the wire at one end of the harness going into the connector. FOR AVAILABILITY OF THE STOCK FUEL PUMP AT A LATER DATE CUT THIS GROUND WIRE AWAY FROM THE CONNECTOR, THIS WILL ALLOW FOR EASIER CONNECTON!" So tomorrow I am going to reconnect the outside black wire even though the pump did not come on at the auto hobby shop with it uncut. The worst part of my day was when I had to call one of my friends to tow me home with his FORD!!!!! :butt:ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I never cut any wires. I disconnected the harness from the top of the tank. Then plugged the FASS harness into the tank then the factory harness to the female FASS harness. Then hooked the relay to the battery and the ground. Thats it. I never read anything in my instructions to cut any wire. Mine has gave me zero troubles.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
AFD,

Dude, Jon has you lined all out right on this, so I deleted all the stuff I posted. Jon knows exactly what to do with this

Hey Jon, good evening dude!!!

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
AFDIESEL,

Did you get your truck up and running? I read my instructions lastnite and I didnt read in mine to cut any wires. Is your a FASS for a 5.9?

Jeb_H,

Hows it goin. It wont stop snowing here. I am getting tired of shoveling.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
What kind of performance/benefits should I get from installing the FASS system on my 6.7L.

·
Registered
130 Posts
AFDIESEL,

Did you get your truck up and running? I read my instructions lastnite and I didnt read in mine to cut any wires. Is your a FASS for a 5.9?

Jeb_H,

Hows it goin. It wont stop snowing here. I am getting tired of shoveling.
Is the FASS any different for the 5.9 and 6.7. When I ordered mine from Keven it doesn't show any different versions for the 5.9 or the 6.7.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
The 5.9 kit fits perfect on the 6.7. When AFDIESELs instructions said to cut a wire I was wondering if maybe he got the wrong kit lke for a GM or FORD or got the wrong instructions in his kit by acciedent.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
The 6.7 FASS is the 5.9 FASS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back to Stock pump

I checked the FASS web sight and looked at all of the install instructions and none of the instructions are the same as the ones I have. It shows a fuse box in one of the pictures and it is different than mine also there is two pictures of fuel tanks one is plastic like the 6.7 and one has a protective covering like fiberglass. I think I got a semi revised copy of the instructions. Also I worked all day trying to get the pump to come on, no dice. The pump worked when I ran a jumper wire to it, so I think I have a bad or incorrect wiring harness, when I was working on it today I noticed one of the green wires had come loose from the plug and one of the red male tabs had slid back out of the plug. After looking at some of the connectors I noticed that all of the wires were poorly clamped, maybe there is a bad connection somewhere. Any way I am going to call the distributor tomorrow and see what he can do for me. I guess it will be a another month before I get it installed I have a "paid vacation" to Vegas on all of you TAX payers coming up in the near future:$:. Thanks for all of the help.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Jon,

Shoveling snow, yikes... I think a 6.7 powered snow blower might be in order if this Texan lived up there dude :) Coarse, you could live here and never have the same kind of weather more than 20 minutes :) Man we have had it here from 85-90 degree temps one day and then blowing cold wind and 30 degree temps that seem cold as heck the next... Not to forget to mention the sand blowing we have had in this area for what seems like all month now...

AFD,

Dude that is rotten luck man for damn sure. About the way my projects go and why after as many years old I am, I run into this on every project over this many and I just trash what doesn't work and proceed with the project my on way LOL... Same with the warranty on this Dodge I had, just blow that and fix as I proceed LOL...

I am betting you had bad crimps and probably even pins in the plug not locked in place well and when you pushed the plug on, one or more pushed out the back of the plug and you lost connection. These types of plugs we use on this truck are actually really great, you just need to make sure they are used with delectric grease in the plug as well as have good crimps and the pins are locked in place as they should be... Rotten luck of yours would have it you had to trust someone else of a pushed time frame at work and didn't do his or her job right...

Good for you on the paid holiday from us tax payers dude, I am sure we pay for way more of these for you guys than you ever get too... So take those as much and as often as you can dude...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts