Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the engine will hit the floor tomorrow.I don't have any pics yet but number #6 rod bearing is beat up.Not sure yet as to what the cause was but i will find out soon.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Oh snap. Sorry to hear that. Any idea on power levels at the time?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well the engine will hit the floor tomorrow.I don't have any pics yet but number #6 rod bearing is beat up.Not sure yet as to what the cause was but i will find out soon.

:eek:mg::shock::doh:

Dude, that's not what we wanted to hear. Is the block still alright? Sorry to hear and hope it isn't as severe as the last one.

-Jeremy

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh snap. Sorry to hear that. Any idea on power levels at the time?
Nothing to do with that,its either a miss stamped bearing size are a 10 over bearing mixed up in a standard size set.Something was simply overlooked,hell it could have been the crank as far as i know.There was definitely a clearance issue no doubt about it.

3,181 Posts
wow that sux

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Yep it do.This is starting to feel like a job are something! I'm ready to go back to pimpin full time.
When my motor let's go.........people at the track better watch out, there might be someone that gets hit in the leg with a wrist pin or something:hehe::rof:hehe:
But pimpin still ain't easy

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sorry to here... i just cruised through all 22 pages of ur orig destruction thread.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
wow boss that does suck. you would think if it were a oversize bearing it would have shown when ya tightened the main caps and spun the crank. anyway ya look at it man that sucks biguns.

3,181 Posts
to have the money that will be put into that engine and i could do mine just like it haha

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow boss that does suck. you would think if it were a oversize bearing it would have shown when ya tightened the main caps and spun the crank. anyway ya look at it man that sucks biguns.
Yea i thought the same as everything had good end play and all seemed fine.I really don't know right now but it will be dissected tomorrow.

·
Registered
334 Posts
man sorry to hear! Ive been following your other thread. You have one sick mega!

Good luck with the re-re-build!

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cunningham wants to see the rod just to confirm there is no defect.The only other thing would be the crank journal being out of round witch should not be since it was checked at my machine shop of choice.Never really know about that kind of stuff though.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
yeah ya never know at the level your runnin at could be the smallest thing. couple thousandths here or there or even something in an oil passage and things go haywire. well I know you will get it back together. So let us know what ya find out.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Were clearances not checked before assembly? We always torque the mains and rods and check bearings/journals and bolt stretch. Then assemble and re check with plastigage. I know a lot of people that just assume everything is good, but bad things happen in that case. You can never measure enough. Hope it turns out well. maybe all you'll need is a bearing.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sorry to hear that man...

·
World's Best Worst Driver
152 Posts
OH NO? :shock: I went into shock when I saw this thread. Sorry to hear Ronnie. Does this mean you'll be putting a crank in it now?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Were clearances not checked before assembly? We always torque the mains and rods and check bearings/journals and bolt stretch. Then assemble and re check with plastigage. I know a lot of people that just assume everything is good, but bad things happen in that case. You can never measure enough. Hope it turns out well. maybe all you'll need is a bearing.
+1 Plastigage is cheap and a great tool to help check clearance issues. Sorry to hear about this Ronnie!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts