Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have any info on the C7 Cat engine. I just had to have my turbo cleaned on my 6.7 and, along with the other problems, I tired of messing with it. I've located a 2006 Freightliner M2 with a Cat C7 at 300 H.P. and Allison 6 speed. I'm giving serious consideration to buying it but I really don't much about the C7. Any info will be appreciated.:beer

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
oh man well first off its a cat damn good stuff my dad had a c 12 in a freghtliner m2 type but the bigger class but not full size it was a fl112 but sold that and a year later decided he needed a bigger toy again and bought the ford 650 with c7 and its been reprogrammed by cat to 350 hp also ts makes chips for the c7 my dad going to be getting one of these shortly but the c7 there good nothing like the c12 at 435hp and 1235 tq though but depending on what ya pull the bigger truck definetly safer with air brakes that why my dad upgraded to it from his 03 dodge 5.9 but has a 6.7 dually now to but i think you would be pleased but after hoppin the 6.7 with chip and whatnot i dont think you would be very stoked on the power as the 6.7 prolly pull and roll hills better but then ya get to watch egt's on cats ya dont have to just throttle down nothing to worry if ya need the bigger truck go for it but the power not all there for that kind of money but is safer for sure

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
what do ya pull? with my dad c7 he pulls a bobcat skidsteer and bobcat trax 435 with a 28 foot tandem dually trailer goosneck or a 40 ft living quarter horsetrailer specifically built to be a toy hauler though and hauls bikes in it or a car they both way a load it would max out a 3500 dually with the weight thats why he changed as that being biggest reason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts