Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guy,

I have an 08 6.7 Cummins 6 speed (g56) tranny with 290,000 miles on it and I’m ready to do some upgrades to her! I bought this truck with a few things already done but now it’s time to go bigger! Really I just found out I blew my head gasket so I figure I’m ripping it all apart so I’m gonna do it all.

What I have done already.
- ARP 425s head studs
-5” exhaust
-duel disk Southbend clutch
-EFI Live (economy)
-EGR Delete

My Goals.
I want to be around 700hp when I’m done. This is gonna be my daily driver as well. I’m wondering if I have to upgrade my turbo and what are recommendations if I have to do so. What cp3 to get and injector size and recommend company. Do I have to do anything with the pistons etc. I know I have to get it tuned after and I’m staying with efi live. I am going to buy the ARP 625 as well. Is there a certain head gasket kit I have to get for this also? If I am missing things ( I am sure this is the case) please let me know.

In closing.
Like I said I want this to be my daily driver still but I still want to have fun with it. Please Give any recommendations to get this done.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
Yes you need to upgrade turbo for 700hp power goal. S465 or S467 for turbo size, 10mm stroker pump and 60% injectors. Id get the injectors and pump from S&S. Turbo kit from Stainless.

·
3 footin' through life
12,334 Posts
Resurface the block (Not just the head) or you may have problems again. Go back with ARP 625's. 425's are not ideal.

I recommend triple disc clutch to help trans live.

Cummins OEM head gasket is best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts