Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 6.7 Cummins having issues. after about 30 or 40 miles a red lightning bolt comes on my - truck loses power and wants to die and eventually does stall I reset my h and S miny max back to stock, even if it was on stock I have tl rerigjt tune for it to come out of it. and it's good for another 30 or 40 miles multiple codes on - can anyone help me with this just bought truck. Truck has mild surging rolling into parking lots or upto lights and a few other things thanks

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The red lightning bolt is typically batteries, Cables, connectors.. stuff like that. It can be other things, but if there are no codes, typically one of those. For my it was one of my batteries was dying. By the time I replaced it the battery on the passenger wide was smoking lol. A good place to start is cleaning the terminals and getting them clamped on good and snug.

Surging at low speeds, my truck has always had a little surge when putting around parking lots. (read others report the same as well) Like when I'm backing out of a spot, I give it a little gas, and after I let off peddle it likes to surge a little, like a little pulse of power. It's really hard to tell if the RPMs are jump or not. I feel like its more something in the factory torque converter than anything else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What codes?
The red lightning bolt is typically batteries, Cables, connectors.. stuff like that. It can be other things, but if there are no codes, typically one of those. For my it was one of my batteries was dying. By the time I replaced it the battery on the passenger wide was smoking lol. A good place to start is cleaning the terminals and getting them clamped on good and snug.

Surging at low speeds, my truck has always had a little surge when putting around parking lots. (read others report the same as well) Like when I'm backing out of a spot, I give it a little gas, and after I let off peddle it likes to surge a little, like a little pulse of power. It's really hard to tell if the RPMs are jump or not. I feel like its more something in the factory torque converter than anything else.
Ok so mayne the surging doesn't have anything to do with it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for the input im throwing 8 codes. P0471. You 010C. P0106. P0037. P0031. P2141. P010 to. P0487.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts