Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here,

First, hello to all

Just bought new 08 2500 6.7 CTD quad cab, 4x4, 6 speed auto and looking to put a CAI on it but have been hearing different stories:

1. By installing a CAI will it void my factory warranty?

2. If it dont void my warranty, which one is the best? I been looking at the AFE Stage 2 PG- 7 Type XP Mega Cannon.

Thanks in advance for the help.

G

·
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

I just got an AFE Stage 2. Installing it tomorrow. . .I hope. . .If it doesn't rain. . . I did allot of reading here and on the internet. I think you will find the AFE system is choice here with these members. I liked the features, but when you get down too it, they are all about the same these days.

Your most important question is about the warranty. No it will not void the Warranty. Some dealers may give you some crap about it, but you aren't really voiding it. The AFE actually filters better than the factory unit.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I agree with Polaraco

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have the mega cannon and love it..it increased my mileage slightly and you can really hear the turbo sucking air..if the dealership really wanted to be a prick then technically i think they could void the warranty on some parts of your truck, but just because you put a cai on your truck that doesnt mean you have no warranty whatsoever..hope this helps..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys, looks like I will be getting a AFE stage 2 myself after looking around a little seems to be the one to get.

I just dont want to take a chance and mess up the warranty. So I will stick with a CAI for now because I hear they can tell if you put a programmer on the truck. Unless there is something I have missed?

I also hear that exhaust is a no, no as well?

G

·
I am also going with an MP8 which is a plug in. You may want to look into that. It modifies the fuel pressure values and is NOT a programmer. It has three settings and is switchable on the fly.

I think you will also find that unit is very popular. For the price vs. a programmer, it's a good start.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard good things about that MP8, I will look into it as well. Do you need anything else besides the MP8? Or can you run it by itself. I have heard something about people stacking it. Thanks

G

·
I have heard good things about that MP8, I will look into it as well. Do you need anything else besides the MP8? Or can you run it by itself. I have heard something about people stacking it. Thanks
You can go with a programmer on top of the MP8 Later. I can't imagine the power that must generate.

My purpose was to gain more MPG. It looks like every little bit helps.

I'll bet if we get rid of this Non-Sulpherd fuel that would drive the MPG right up

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya on the fuel, dont know how accurate that overhead display is. I have 300 miles on my truck, drove alot of highway miles last night and today. The overhead display is saying 17 MPG average.

Thats what I am trying to achieve myself, the most MPG i can get. But getting more power is always good too:thumbsup

·
Registered
190 Posts
Some times ignorance is bliss...are you telling me my lie-o-meter is just that. I thought all along i could trust it... hahahahaha!

AFE seems a good choice and will more than likely not void warranty. Also look at the Icebox at Holland Court Diesel. I don't own either but like you have been exploring my options ant its one that comes up in my radar.
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Called dealer today and spoke with the service manager and he said CAI and exhaust, cat back, will not void warranty. A programmer will, but he didnt say anything about being able to tell if the truck had one put on it and I didnt mention anything about it either.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Its just the rules to the game, you know if you have any mod done and your truck breaks, they are going to give you a hard time. But removing the silencer ring and a CAI should provide decent results for sound and obviously airflow will improve as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just had to know so I called West (service Waldorf Dodge) and ask if the 6.7 was brought in for sevice and there had been a programmer ever installed if they could tell and he said "yes", but he did say that on the 5.9 they could not. I told him come on man you know everybody is going to be putting programmers on these things for better fuel mileage and towing, he laughed and said I can only tell you the correct answer but I am not saying that we wont honor the warranty. So I guess it all depends on who you get and what happens to the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
some dealers are cool with tuners and chios if your up front with them and dont try and hide it.

Steve, Mike called me and i just wanted to say thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts