Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07.5 c&c. i knew when i bought it it made 305hp and the other trucks made 350hp why is this. does anyone have any input .

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
i think its for the different emission setup that they use. possibly need to back off on the power for it to work correctly, Or it could be to get the EGT's cooler a bit since they are made to haul more weight? Thats my guess.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is it a 4500 or 5500 cab and chassie? I think Dodge did the same as Ford did on all the 450's or 550's. They detuned the HEAVY trucks, I heard that they did this becuase the engines in these trucks are continually under HEAVY loads than the 2500's or 3500's. This is what a guy told me that was hired by Ford to drive the new superduty accross the country towing 24k. It does seem weird though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
some one on here will know why, hope fully they will chime in!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Dodge assumes that the C&C will be used commercially and lowers the HP & Torque ratings due to lower emissions requirements and engine longevity.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wish I'd of bought a C&C, it would have saved the pain in my knee when I dropped the NOx filter on my leg!:lol3:
Seriously, the only think that makes sence is that the C&C's were designed to work, not hotrod.

·
Registered
510 Posts
These trucks will probably see more work than the pickups. More weight and less HP/TQ mean less warranty repairs.(drivetrain, carrier bearings, clutches, brakes, etc.) Thats my conclusion to your question. A few more horses would be nice, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts