Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 6.5x12 utility trailer to haul 2 utility quads on. A 6.5x14 would also work, tandem axles are ok also. Looking to spend up to $1000 for the right trailer.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
does it have to be 6.5' to fit the quads? this ones brand new 6x12 and decent price being that its new

New 2011 Sure-Trac 6x12 Utility/ATV Trailer - eBay (item 280619414098 end time Feb-11-11 13:42:24 PST)

i got a 6.5x10 trailer from this place >> Traileroutlet.com - Trailers, Parts, Service, Sales, Rentals, New, Used, NJ, PA, NY, Conn in flanders nj, worth the trip if u wana just go and look around. i bought a model that had been sitting there for a yr so it was a lil cheaper. they had a 6.5x14 that i really wish i had goten. u prob wont find anything near 1000$ though

·
Registered
70 Posts
comeing to NC anytime soon..not $1000 but $1150 for brand new 6 1/2 x 12 all day long

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it have to be 6.5' to fit the quads? this ones brand new 6x12 and decent price being that its new

New 2011 Sure-Trac 6x12 Utility/ATV Trailer - eBay (item 280619414098 end time Feb-11-11 13:42:24 PST)

i got a 6.5x10 trailer from this place >> Traileroutlet.com - Trailers, Parts, Service, Sales, Rentals, New, Used, NJ, PA, NY, Conn in flanders nj, worth the trip if u wana just go and look around. i bought a model that had been sitting there for a yr so it was a lil cheaper. they had a 6.5x14 that i really wish i had goten. u prob wont find anything near 1000$ though
Yeah I know its worth a shot. I did go up to Trailer Outlet and talked to Neil extensively about a new trailer. Looked at a 6.5x14 up there with no sides and a heavy axle with brakes for $1800 that would hold three quads side by side. I guess if I don't find anything I will go that route.

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
comeing to NC anytime soon..not $1000 but $1150 for brand new 6 1/2 x 12 all day long
Not heading down that way anytime soon bud, but thanks for the heads up. Stuff is cheaper everywhere else BUT NJ.:hehe:

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Yeah I know its worth a shot. I did go up to Trailer Outlet and talked to Neil extensively about a new trailer. Looked at a 6.5x14 up there with no sides and a heavy axle with brakes for $1800 that would hold three quads side by side. I guess if I don't find anything I will go that route.
single axle i assume for that price? nice that it has breaks though? how much weight could it hold.

and yea i looked for a used trailer in decent shape for a while but in the end i was only saving about 300$ to get a used trailer that was over 5 years old. im not sayin the deals arnt out there but it just seems resale value is high on utility trailers

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah single 1895lb axle with brakes. Figure that is the safest way to move my Foreman, a Prairie 700, and another quad of the same size my buddy is looking at. Trailer will have no sides so loading will be easy when I have to move 3 and easier when I am hauling 2 as they can go one behind the other.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Tom, I linked this to a buddy of mine that may be able to help you out, not a guarantee but worth a shot...

Good luck on your search

Reactions: Patriot2500

·
Registered
226 Posts
hey tom,

this is dave, pats friend. give me a call some time and ill get you a deal on a new trailer. off the top of my head i can get you a new one for about $1300 and i think i might still have a used one for $950ish.

570-729-7117 8a-5p
and were not that far from you....were in the same town where pat lives....

Reactions: Patriot2500

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Dave, I think Mike Mazur gave me your number awhile back, but with all the things I had to get done with moving I completely forgot about it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
How did you make out Tom? Still on the hunt?

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to Dave, great guy who knows his stuff. Nice to talk to a guy who has 4-wheelers and knows what will fit on the trailer. We left it as he is going to call me when their next shipment comes in, which should be soon. Will probably come up there, pick up the trailer, than come hang out with you and the wife for a few beverages if your around.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You tell me when you will be up and we will try our best to be around. Just be careful mentioning beverages... Next thing you know, that Dave guy will show up at the house too :doh:

·
All Fired Up
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:hehe: Ok man I'll keep it hush hush. However, at least he could buy me some brew after I drop some coin on a trailer. As soon as I hear from Dave, I will let you know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts