Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

6.5 GMC torques

866 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Begle1
So I got suckered in to replacing head gaskets on a friends 6.5. Problem is I need torque numbers for the entire top end. Rocker shafts, heads, injectors and intake. Sequences would be good to if anyone has that information.

Thanks a bunch. Don't worry I will be talking this guy into cummins engines in the future. :lol4:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found them on another forum. Also found cracked pre cups, cracks between intake and exhaust valves, turbo puking oil, cylinders washed down and one cracked injector body. Boy sure wish I owned one of these POS!! :hehe:

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
they are a junk motor period. worst design ever.

· Registered
323 Posts
Some how they drag a 11ton up armored humvee around though. But yeah there still junk.

· 1ST GEN
11,549 Posts
aparently you never saw the 6.2
Spend some time with the GM 5.7. That engine killed the light diesel market for years.

· Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spend some time with the GM 5.7. That engine killed the light diesel market for years.
The biggest problem for years were the gas engine conversions to diesel. We can all thank our friends at GMC for those piles of #$%^

· Registered
3,608 Posts
From what I've heard, the gas-derived blocks were bulletproof and the bottom ends were fine; the biggest problems were the ridiculously lax head/ block deck specs, cheap head bolts, chain-driven Roosamasta and lack of a fuel-water separator.

The engineers that did the math to make the engine stand up to the higher pressures did a splendid job; it was the gas-engine mentality about the little things that killed the engine.

I would rather have an Olds than a 6.5 liter. With the head installed correctly they're supposed to be good little engines. :lol4:

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts
From what I've heard, the gas-derived blocks were bulletproof and the bottom ends were fine; the biggest problems were the ridiculously lax head/ block deck specs, cheap head bolts, chain-driven Roosamasta and lack of a fuel-water separator.

The engineers that did the math to make the engine stand up to the higher pressures did a splendid job; it was the gas-engine mentality about the little things that killed the engine.

I would rather have an Olds than a 6.5 liter. With the head installed correctly they're supposed to be good little engines. :lol4:

Between this statement, Sarah M., and Begle Fowl, .................... You may be commitable.:shock:Whats your coat size?:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Just kidding buddy:thumbsup:

· Registered
3,608 Posts
It has been too long since we've had a Sarah McLachlan thread, hasn't it? Granted, she hasn't released any new material since she got divorced, and my passport hasn't come in the mail yet so I haven't been able to go up and woo her any, but still, it's been too long...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.