Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how will 6.09" of backspace look on my truck? i am putting the 8 "rize on my truck with a 2" coil spacer . i am going with a wheel that has 6.09" of backspace on a 10" wheel. anyone know how that will look with 38/14/24 kumhos?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys !!!! just need to know if there are going to rub like crazy or not?

·
Registered
503 Posts
tucked in..thats close to stock wheel back spacing i think...i would think you will rub but im not sure

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
:ditto: Personally I think it is too much of a postive offset. With 10's of lift and such a positive offset it would look like the truck would tip over. I would get a minimum of 5" BS. Also you will rub on your control arms with that offset with a 14" wide tire. JMO

·
Registered
193 Posts
Stockers are 6.25 BS. I always have been told that between 5.5 and 6 is where you want to be but since you going so big I am not sure how much BS you need what does the manufacture recommend, I mean they have test product so they should know what works best.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i personally think it will look goofy with that much lift with wheels tucked way in like that. like SkinInc69's said, it will look tall and skinny like it is going to tip over. and i think you will rub your control arms for sure.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I am currently running a 4.5" lift with Toyo 37x13.50-17 M/Ts on 17x10 Helos with a +10 offset (5 7/8 backspacing) and I don't rub at all. This is the best pic I have at work, the rears are about 2" past the edge of the fender. I don't off-road the truck, so I don't get too much articulation which would definitely add to the clearance issues!

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,375 Posts
I had stock wheels(6.25" bs) for a while on my old truck and the 37's rubbed the control arms. With as wide and tall as your tires are going to be, you should run more like 4.5-5" backspace. This pic is after one day of driving and one day before I wore the powdercoat off of the control arm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My stock wheels with 35's rub the control arms.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i ended up going with the rbp 91r chrome 22" wheels with 40 inch toyos. thanks for the input though.:headbang:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts