Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people have done this but how much would I feel in power output over my current setup? Also, with the 4k I have in my auto truck I can't get anywhere close to 4k. I know the shift points need to be changed in the computer but what do most of you guys see your autos shifting at with the 4k.

·
Registered
13,852 Posts
you're not going to make any power at 4,000 or even over 3,000... your peak power will probably be in the 2500 range... put the injectors in and enjoy :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally understand where the peak power is made but my truck seems to really fall off after about 2k. I thought the 4k would help. Also, I don't want to spend the money on the injectors if they aren't going to be that much different than the stock injectors without a turbo. With 260k on these stockers I'm sure new injectors would help but just wanted to know how much???

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought. The truck pulls hard till then and starts to fall off shortly after. Anyone know what kind of difference the injectors will make??

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's what I thought. The truck pulls hard till then and starts to fall off shortly after. Anyone know what kind of difference the injectors will make??
Sounds like you got stock gov springs, imagine a little harder pull and then falling off with injectors. Without a doubt do gov springs before injectors might not add more hp but it will a alot in the seat of the pants.

I had my 4k gsk in before I put a Set of 5x12 from Weston. I only ran his injectors for one afternoon with stock turbo but was suprised that the truck ran just as clean if not cleaner. I was expecting to peg the pyro and have a never ending cloud behind me with the stock turbo. I drove it around 150 miles or so before putting a 57/65/12 on it.

Think of it thisway you can turn the fuel down at the pump but you can't turn it up at the injector. I wish I would of got 5x14's now, I could of put a plate in if need be.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the 4k's in myself so I know they are in there. It just doesn't seem to pull like I thought they would. Maybe I have just gotten used to them. So you don't think that 5x14's would be too much on a stock turbo?? I plan on upgrading turbos, just not right now.

2,402 Posts
I put the 4k's in myself so I know they are in there. It just doesn't seem to pull like I thought they would. Maybe I have just gotten used to them. So you don't think that 5x14's would be too much on a stock turbo?? I plan on upgrading turbos, just not right now.
i would pull the plate back to limit fuel with the stock turbo, it will got hot...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts