Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Ram 5th gen solved the wheel alignment issue of eating the outer side of the front passenger tire.
This issue on the 4th gen trucks is it's down fall and my only issue with my 15 dually. 4 alignments and only 37,500 miles on my truck and still eats front tires, I even tried the Thuren spec alignment and still no good either. I'd like a 5th gen but not if it is a tire eater still. There may not be enough miles on your 5th gens to see this issue yet but some insight if you have any please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has Ram 5th gen solved the wheel alignment issue of eating the outer side of the front passenger tire.
This issue on the 4th gen trucks is it's down fall and my only issue with my 15 dually. 4 alignments and only 37,500 miles on my truck and still eats front tires, I even tried the Thuren spec alignment and still no good either. I'd like a 5th gen but not if it is a tire eater still. There may not be enough miles on your 5th gens to see this issue yet but some insight if you have any please.
Have 15k on my 19 2500 and it is going to be a tire eater forsure. Definitely not a great thing to deal with, but other than that the 5th gens are fantastic (definite bias as this is my first cummins after owning a d-max).

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
Mud yapster, despite my driving style (fast on curvy roads) all I've done is set the toe to very near zero, and even the somewhat aggressive Toyo C/Ts are holding up fine.
And that's without rotations in the true sense, since I'm too lazy to swap the tires around on the wheels.
But I do switch the fronts side to side every now and then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a 4th Gen 2016 2500 had an issue with the outer edges on the original 20's. Took them off and put on OEM 18's and got an alignment. Ran the second set (still Firestones but HT not At's) no wear issues. FIgured it was a camber issue since I rotated regulary but did not pay strick atteniton unitl it was obvious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts