Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Judging by pictures, they sure look to mount up the same to me - only thing I'm unsure of is the connection to the camera but I imagine that is also the same - Give it a whirl and let us know how it fits! That would be a nice mod to put the newer tailgate on if you needed to anyway

·
Registered
293 Posts
Any update on this Eda?

·
Registered
293 Posts
This thread is referring to installing a 5th gen tailgate on a 4th gen. Anybody who has done this? I do not care to install 5th gen tail lights.

Reactions: PuFF~PuFF

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have you done it? Is it plug and play? Are the handles and cameras the same? Any issues with the soft opening feature on the 5th gen tailgates when installing on a 4th?

·
Registered
293 Posts
You haven't done the swap, that's all we need to know.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Whew! Lol sure am glad that your [email protected]$$ showed up to tell me that a 5th gen tailgate won't fit my 2007 with a flatbed! Now I just hope that you don't start trying to teach me grammar lessons. That's where we'll have to put an end to your useless jabbering! 🤣🤣

·
Registered
12 Posts
5th gen tailgate will not fit on a 4th gen bed without flipping flipping the hinges to opposite sides, also 5th gen tailgate is electric latches which I’m in the middle of trying to wire up to work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also 5th gen beds are 1 inch deeper. They sure do look the same but they aren’t quite the same. I put a 5th gen bed on my 4th gen and the body lines were off 1/4 inch. I bought stainless fender washers and stacked them a 1/4 inch thick to make the body line up. Filler neck setup is different. You’ll have to make a bracket of some sort to to keep the filler neck in place. Other than that it worked out good. I used 4th gen tailights instead of making jumper harness for new style.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
10,907 Posts
5th gen tailgate will not fit on a 4th gen bed without flipping flipping the hinges to opposite sides, also 5th gen tailgate is electric latches which I’m in the middle of trying to wire up to work.
@Jimmy07 has it working on his truck, hit him up to see what he did.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts