Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Thank's to all for doing the work to educate this NOOB.. With that, Ive obtained a loan for 5k to upgrade my 2011 3500. I plan on doing the work myself, and would like to gain drive-ability, power, fuel economy (even though 35's are on) with out rolling coal. Can you help me? :S:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If its not already deleted I would start there. My pick would be a H&S mini max with custom tuning. Then whatever turbo back exhaust you like 4" or 5" with or without a muffler. I would also delete all the egr stuff just for piece of mind and it really cleans up the engine bay.

The above should set you back around $2500 and it will feel like a different truck. IMO that's all you really need to make it run good and get good mileage and decent power. If it were me I would either not spend the rest of the money or put it towards cosmetic things at that point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with BigCE. If not deleted, start with that. H&S mini maxx, 5 in TBE, and EGR delete kit with the pyro so you can monitor your EGT's. I got all of mine from Draconian Diesel including the custom tuning and it doesn't smoke at all. They do great work when it comes to this stuff. Like BigCE said, it will set you back $2500. Well worth the money though.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Programmer: H&S Mini Maxx with MCC and trans tuning from Draconian or an XRT with Edge CTS if you are worried about theft (I've never had this problem but you never know).

Exhaust: a delete pipe is the cheapest but there are relatively in expensive TBEs to be had.

Egr: blockoff only or full cooler delete. Do one or the other.

If you're getting a loan, I suggest you not overspend and save yourself a bunch of money. For about 2k you can do a lot of good. And then if you don't beat it like a rented mule it should last a very long time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My favorite game: let's spend ken's cash.

Please post full specs on yourtruck as it sits. Stock Except for the 35's?

·
Banned
2,161 Posts
Exhaust: a delete pipe is the cheapest but there are relatively in expensive TBEs to be had.
if you really want to cheap out... Get a flange from SHIBBY, and make your own delete pipe.

If you're getting a loan, I suggest you not overspend and save yourself a bunch of money. For about 2k you can do a lot of good.
Amen. Solid recommendation.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Then transmission upgrades and possibly fuel upgrades after that...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Ive obtained a loan for 5k to upgrade my 2011 3500. I plan on doing the work myself, and would like to gain drive-ability, power, fuel economy (even though 35's are on) with out rolling coal. Can you help me?
Seriously? A loan to "upgrade" your truck? You borrowed money to spend on a depreciating asset? Really.

Yes, I can help. Cancel the loan and immediately pay off any outstanding interest and fees, and forget this ever happened.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can't go wrong with transmission upgrades and build from there. You've gotta be able to put that power to the ground

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seriously? A loan to "upgrade" your truck? You borrowed money to spend on a depreciating asset? Really.

Yes, I can help. Cancel the loan and immediately pay off any outstanding interest and fees, and forget this ever happened.
lol Sorry but I agree

·
Registered
87 Posts

Not to be a but I agree ^^^

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,161 Posts
Hey for all we know he paid off his truck as opposed to putting cash in savings... and this is the reward to himself.

Heck for people that never drove a modded cummins, just adding an H&S tuner and deleting is a kick in the pants. (never forget adding an EDGE EZ to my grandpa's truck... he said he was pretty sure it was over 500hp by the way it felt :hehe:) - My point to the OP, start small, see how you like it... and #1 rule, always buy parts in a fashion that you don't double-buy later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts