Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, can anyone point me towards a cheap 5inch TBE that will go with my XRT? mucho appreciation.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
I think James at RDS has the 5" Expandit kit for just over $300, but I am sure the other vendours have soem aswell. I am running the expandit exhaust and it is great quality and fit for the price. Its is aluminized and mine still looks as good as the day I installed it and it has seen 2 Canadian winters.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh, its 279 for the aluminum one... the reason I was asking is because he said there is no bungs welded... whats a bung for?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
yeh, its 279 for the aluminum one... the reason I was asking is because he said there is no bungs welded... whats a bung for?
The bungs are for us old school guys with no XRT. We all have to run the O2 sensors in the exhaust and some had the probes in there too but with 470Ohm resistors tapped in with them. But with the XRT it requires no O2 sensors anymore and the 3 EGT probes harness gets capped with the little sims. So you require zero bungs in the exhaust when you run the XRT.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any other ones that might be cheaper?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
is that price of under 300 for a turbo back 5'' system? is it straight pipe or does it have a muffler in it? (i want it straight) also do the hangers match up to the stock hanger on the 6.7's?

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
Yes the one for under $300 is without a muffler. I have the kit with a muffler and it was a little more than $300. All the hanger mounted with out an issues except one. It needed to be cut and rewelded back on. Not a lot of work and goes on real nice.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the one for under $300 is without a muffler. I have the kit with a muffler and it was a little more than $300. All the hanger mounted with out an issues except one. It needed to be cut and rewelded back on. Not a lot of work and goes on real nice.
how do you like the sound? Is it deep? can you hear the turbo?

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
how do you like the sound? Is it deep? can you hear the turbo?

I think it sounds real good. Not so loud you can't talk or hear the stereo but loud enough you can still hear the truck. And yes you hear the turbo too. My fiance says it ins't too loud so that should tell ya.

I had a 5" TBE on my 02 w/ muffler and it was louder than this one is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts