Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know that people say the things that come with 5in exhaust are a deeper sound and maybe some lower egts. I have a 05 that is will over the 600hp range and im wanting to get rid of my stack that I have now. all the piping on that is 4 in and im wanting to get the egts down some. this may be a stupid question but if I order a new 5in system and keep my 4in down pipe will the 5in have any effect besides sound? or will it help lower my egts at all. I don't feel like trying to cram a 5in downpipe up in there with everything else already there.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Do the 5in turbo back but you could do 4in to 5 if you feel like it.. And you might see a little drop in egt, not sure how much.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Exhuast will play next to none in egt wise... all the size of the exhuast dictates is sound.. if ya wanna bring ur egts down change ur tuner or get a turbo, intercooler or water meth.. that's really the only things that will aftect your egts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running a 66mm turbo so I can't go much bigger there cuz it already lags with twin pumps unless I went twins and have the intercooler and water meth but it ain't hooked up yet and am running a smarty on level 4 or 5 can't remember. I ordered a 4in and found out it was backorder so thinking bout calling and canceling and seeing if they got the 5 for the extra money but not sure everything has to be quiter than that stack right by the back window

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
A 66 for some reason always runs hot... personally I'd go with an intercooler. It will he the biggest bang for ur buck as far egts go... depending on the year to ur truck I would also switch to udc or efi.. that will be the best rout that I could recommend

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have an intercooler and I looked into udc but I feel like there hasn't been enough tested and discovered with it yet

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as much as can be done with efi live

·
Registered
183 Posts
As stated above, 5 in exhaust isn't going to help your EGTs; especially going from a 4. Mine didn't even change much at all from stock to 5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts