Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought A New Fifth Wheel 38 Foot Long With 4 Slide Outs I Think Gross Is Around 15400 Unloaded 11700 I Am Probably Around 13500 Or So With All My Wifes Crap We Keep In It Anyway I Have Towed It Two Times Not Very Far Maybe 60 Miles Or So Both Times And @ 65mph Only Running 750 To 800 Egts Is That Correct

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Is your egt probe pre or post turbo? You have 4:10s so its winding a little higher than the 3.5 guys maybe that could cause it. Is that flat ground?

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Sorry i cant be of too much help.

I pull our 25ft gooseneck loaded to around 18000lbs but it doesnt go far, just across town to the airport. IIRC my egts were a little lower, but then again im only doing 50km/h...

·
Registered
15 Posts
my truck runs 800 at 70mph empty.i think towing that much weight your temp is great

·
Registered
98 Posts
it sounds about right to me those are the temperatures I run pulling my 38 foot fifth wheel at highway speeds :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
Guys im pretty sure those temps a re post turbo.
You need to be sure because there is about 300 degrees difference from post to after turbo temps.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
mine is pre turbo.

also running straight out a 4" stack which really helped egts...

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Your temps are fine, just do not lug it down to much. Keep it in a gear that keeps the rpm up in the 1750 range when the temps start to go up, and you will do great.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
You need to be sure because there is about 300 degrees difference from post to after turbo temps.

pm from beerplay "THE DIESEL PLACE HERE IN CORPUS CHRISTI SAID THAT IS WHERE THEY INSTALL ALL OF THEM JOINED THE FORUM AFTER AND READ IT SHOULD BE PRE SO I DONT THINK IT IS 100% ACCURATE AND IT WAS PRETTY MUCH FLAT AROUND 2000RPMS THANKS FOR ANY ADVISE "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts