Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Night and day difference. It rides about the same as a 2500 does now. Maybe between a 1500 and a 2500. Its definately better than my 07 3500 I had.

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
F'N WOW! Coming together nicely!!! :thumbsup:

-Guzzler

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Ok, so i just snapped some pics of the switches and where I put them inside. The rear air dump switch is powered by aux 1, winch in and out is powered by aux 2, and air compressor is powered by aux 3. I put on aux 3 because everytime you turn the truck off, the first two aux switches turn off and do not turn back on automatically, you have to push the button everytime you start. Even if you change the fuse to run on battery power, the switch will just stay on even if the truck is off. On aux 3, if the switch is on, and you turn the truck off it turns off. You turn the truck back on, and the switch turns back on. This is especially helpful for my wife. I told her that she has to hit that switch every time she turns on the truck she just looked at me like a deer in the headlights. I was worried until I accidentally left aux 3 on and it stayed on. The auto leveling uses air as it drives down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Killer build....heads up on the toyo 608's....I have ground 225 and 245's to nothing on gravel and pit run, way to soft of compound and they do not reject one rock in their life, keep an eye on them. 90k on my f450 and lots of sets of tires....when people say how long 19.5's last, I just shake my head.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
If they made a kit for the front, I would put them on. I almost put them on my 07. I doubt there will every be a kit, and if they do, it will be so expensive. I like simple and they are simple. If an axle breaks, unlock the hubs and drive home. IF they break on ours, you are pretty much SOL. Good luck getting home. I have broke two front shafts on my 07 under warranty. Both drivers side. I had my dump trailer hooked up and was spinning pretty good trying to get out from under a load. I limped home though. Plus the sealed bearings stink. THese hubs allow you to get away from that set up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Still working on the bed. So i decided to put on the milemarker hydro winch, fog lights, and the blue lake off road 4500-5500 bumper with the extended coverage. I wired in a wireless remote control, an in cab control, and the factory wire remote control. Those auxillery switches are great. I only have two more switches left. After the light force lights, only 1 more left. Bumper and winch took me about 6 hours with all the wiring inside the cab, power steering lines, and fitting the bumper. I had to bust out the plasma cutter as the 13's are slightly different from the 12's and the bumper manufacturer didnt take into account the new intercooler. I am going to replace the 6 year old cable and replace it with plasma rope that I have laying around (place was going out of business and sold it for $1 a foot). I bought 300 feet and put some of the 3/8th rope on my off road truck so I have approx 200 feet left. I do need to buy a aluminum hawse fairlead though.
Just wanted to say that, you have an awesome truck right there !:drool2: :thumbsup: I have wanted to do a similar setup with air ride but was thinking of keeping the dual wheels and just upgrade to a bigger tire . I want to mount a folding crane behind the cab along with a flatdeck .
I noticed that you don't have a sat radio antena on the front of the cab between cab lights , like all the other 13' Larmie models ? Is the sat radio feature an option on the new 13's ? I thought all Laramie trucks came with sat radio .

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Sat radio is not available in ak. So we get a credit And no antenna. I have a couple of bed pics but give me a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Here are some of the pics of the bed before and after the modification. Being painted and primed today. Hopefully bed will be done early tomorrow. Maybe by mid to late next week truck will be finished. I will need to get the bed rhino lined and the topper will be made as well. But truck will be race ready.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
real close to 2.5" longer than stock.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Just like it says.

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
Those pesky single / double quotes.

-Guzzler

·
Registered
91 Posts
i knew you typed inches but your second picture shows a piece of bed that is about 2.5 feet long so i didn't know if you mistyped and that whole piece got spliced in.

61 - 80 of 265 Posts