Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is specifically will this or will this not work. This would be for my 2020 Ram 5500 Crew Cab Laramie.

I’m aware it doesn’t do anything other than tire clearance, which happens be what I want. If there were an aftermarket for a 6-9” lift on 5500 I would go that route. But alas, there isn’t so going old school with a body lift and a 3” suspension lift is likely what I’ll be doing.

So... since my flatbed can be built to match the cab height and still maintain 100% functionality, is there isn’t reason why a body lift of the cab won’t work?

Also I assume a body lift kit for an ‘18 3500 would fit my ‘20 5500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
What size tires are you trying to fit on a 5500 that you think you need that much lift?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m also curious if that factory side steps will work after a body lift and maybe it’ll clear the def tank?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why TF did you buy a 5500 series chassis cab truck if you want to run 40-44" tires?

Cause I wanted to haha.

It was only a few grand more than a 3500 Chassis Cab and has bigger brakes, axles, frame, wider stance. Which seemed like a great idea.

·
Registered
289 Posts
https://kelderman.com/

If you seriously want to get your rig up high enough to clear 40" tires, head to Iowa and visit these guys. They specialize in lifting heavy duty trucks. Plus, when they get finished, it'll actually ride nice enough for you to enjoy driving it.
They do not list your model (you're the one in a million that buys a 5500 C&C to lift) but they can lift it.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I'm not after a lift, but wish I had a 4500/5500 as I've seen nice air suspension setups for those...but not for my 3500.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
https://kelderman.com/

If you seriously want to get your rig up high enough to clear 40" tires, head to Iowa and visit these guys. They specialize in lifting heavy duty trucks. Plus, when they get finished, it'll actually ride nice enough for you to enjoy driving it.

They do not list your model (you're the one in a million that buys a 5500 C&C to lift) but they can lift it.

I’ve reached out to them and they said they don’t have anything for me.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Why TF did you buy a 5500 series chassis cab truck if you want to run 40-44" tires?
If you've read all the threads about this truck, or even half of them, you'd understand. It's definitely a feel-good read!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts