Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck and current mods in signature; I'm aiming for 600 ball park figure feel free to chime in I'm still learning and welcome other ideas and better ways to do things. This is going to be a save money build as I go deal. I want to be able to tow but I don't tow heavy maybe a boat or sxs but I've been issued a challenge
A 04 Dmax owner at my work a gentleman's bet a tug o war best of 3 in front of everyone at the factory a years time I know it may seem stupid but it's all in fun and a little competitive motivation never hurt noone.

Transmission (Firepunk 800hp) stg1 I have read great reviews about fire Punk diesel AND they are 5 mins from my job
ARP 425 studs
Hamilton 110s (on the fence with this as I've read both ways some people have at this hp range some do not )
Billet push rods (if I get the valve springs)
Super B special turbo with a exhaust manifold
Exergy 90 hp nozzles
a Glacier intake manifold
I'm going to ditch the k&n for a s&b
I'm on the edge about CP3 pump mods as of right now maybe later on but I've ready many people making 600hp on a stock cp3 maybe I'm wrong.
Tuning EFI live Will be done by Phil might even have a extra tune built just for the tug o war match lol

Reactions: 3brorce

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I think you are on a good track for that number being your truck puts out 325 stock, I think some modification to a CP3 goes a long way with injectors however, now EFI is definitely going to net you the best driveablility and power gains out of any of the mods you listed. Definitely excited to see the rest of the build go on. I'm in for this one!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
2nd gen swap, it's easy and the best cheaper thing you can do for your truck. Especially if you plan on swapping turbo's later on in the future.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just starting to research on the manifold deal what is the purpose of switching to a 2nd gen? Is the stock mani need modification for a turbo? Just a quick explanation I will look deeper into it with the search button.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CP3 arson kit or let's say an Anarchy's new duel CP3 remember (blue collar factory worker here lol)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The purpose, it relocates the turbo so you can run and install a bigger turbo easier in the future, it flows better than a factory 3rd gen thus keeping cylinder 5&6 cooler since they run hotter on a 3rd gen, it keeps EGT's cooler, and sounds a lot better, I've heard it allows to spool quicker, but I haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
63mm how about the killer B? Tried to look up the 63/.91 couldn't find anyone selling them by name.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
There's a guy by the name of phill that I'm sure can find you one lol. Borg warner makes some good turbos by themselves. No real need to but one of these companies over priced "custom" turbos or whatever when you can go cheaper and just get a box charger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 03TANKER

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Borg warner does, I've also heard good things about a holset cheetah

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
There's a guy by the name of phill that I'm sure can find you one lol. Borg warner makes some good turbos by themselves. No real need to but one of these companies over priced "custom" turbos or whatever when you can go cheaper and just get a box charger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Who's this Phil guy you speak of? :hehe:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Must be mr.phil that recommend the turbo in prior posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yup lol Phil at anarchy is very helpful on here, and I hear he's great to deal with when it comes to EFI, he is even well known over here in Oregon with the guys I know.

Reactions: 3brorce

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well at least I'm on the right track here.

·
Banned
234 Posts
I have posted it before but my truck is right at 600 to the wheels with nothing more than a comp2 trans from firepunk, silver bullet 62, intake and exhaust. Tuning can go a long way. And it was smoke free.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like that smoke free folks think if he doesn't make smoke it doesn't make power I like that (sleeper)

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.