Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive an 03 and recently did a set of bosh 50hp injectors I was told that I could not get to 600 with these injectors, with that being said would it be OK to still go with an s366? Or am I going to have spooling problems?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
A 66 would most likely be a bit big, you could go stock over a s475 or if you wanted a single a 64 might be ok if your not towing

·
Registered
324 Posts
Take a look at the S362

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Well first things first what's done to the truck, auto manual, etc? Fill out your sig an it'll help us out with the suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah guys I apologize I'm new to the forum, just figured out the signature thing... But I was just curious about the turbo set up, I like the idea of a 475 over my stock just was curious if I would have spool problems?

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you still have a HE341 turbo look into getting a modded HE351. You'll notice a big improvement with one of those. If you do go to twins later you'll have a better turbo for that too.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
With the he351 on a 03( and I'm still on stock fuel and stock injectors just have my smarty s06 for tuning) I see 45 psi and will hold 40-42psi before I run out of rpms. Way better than the he341 that came stock and I'm already set to put a s400 series under it in a compute set up.
If you decide on compounds(s475 under the stock or he351 turbo) you won't have spool issues at all it'll start to build boost right around where you do now if not slightly sooner and be much cooler with added fuel or towing/rippin on the truck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I just seen the 351s, they seem pretty cheap, how about a 475 over that, and what kind of numbers could I see with the 50hp injectors?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
With a s06 you could easily make 550-600 hp with a 351 over s475, there is more in the system but the stock cp3 starts to limit you at around 600-650ish

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Using UDC I made 600 pretty easy with Gordon from Inovative diesel tuning.
A mild launch and 12.5. Probably closer to 625. I have twin fuelers too though so rail keeping up isn't an issue. It was about 1,500 lower than commanded before the twin fuelers but HP was almost exactly the same.

With the brand new compounds my butt dyno says 650 plus if not 680 or so on my BMS 50hp. I just swapped to 50%'s today so I'll never know.

The stocker/475 is probably the best spooling setup you could build or buy.
It comfortably maxes out at 650 but has beel pushed at least 100hp over that by many.
I plan to do that on those exact compounds I just installed.
Drive pressure is the limiting factor and I'm planning an external gate I believe.
I want around 750 out of this if possible.

I'd say don't touch the injectors.
Get a compound setup and you should be 600 no problem if your pump is good.
A 66 would be comparatively a smokey laggy pig around town but could make good power for the track.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
You also have a 04.5 which is a little different, stock it's already at 325hp and commands a higher rp

Reactions: 610seriespw

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
You also have a 04.5 which is a little different, stock it's already at 325hp and commands a higher rp
True in stock trim but not the case when modified. They will be the exact same nozzle and running a smarty for programming the fueling will be exactly the same.

The 03-early 04's get the same advertised HP over stock PLUS they get brought up to 04.5 added fueling. And it's not only added fueling in Rail pressure.

So yes he CAN get 600 out of the 50hp with air and a pump that will keep up.

FYI guys have run 12.5 and 12.6 on stock injectors. And that was box tuned. That's over 600hp on stock injectors in quad cab short boxes.

Reactions: Meatcandy

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Yes it does.
Every manufacture is different on exact flow rate and how they "size" or call them though
An exergy 50% will be the same flow through all 3rd gen
Same with Bosch +50hp

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
12.5 1/4 on my single charger which is 612hp.
Haven't run in the last week since studs and compound install but it has to be over 700 for sure by the butt dyno.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
63/68/.81.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts