Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I dynoed this past weekend, with whats listed below and pulled 490 hp/ 923 ft lbs. I have heard of people breaking 500 with an HX 40, but not very many. AS a matter of fact, most were even skeptical that I had an HX 40 on it to begin with. My question is this, what do you guys think for getting up another 20 to 30 hp and say 50 or so ft lbs??? I really don't want to buy another turbo or change injectors again, I really like the setup the way it is. Anybody got any bright ideas?

·
Registered
348 Posts
you could always try removing the grid heater and putting an after market intake horn on there. Other than that I think your looking at a new turbo or putting an s400 on top of that hx40.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you ran the dyno with all four wheels on the back, take 2 off and you'll probably make your mark ;). Otherwise idk what to tell ya.

K

·
0 Posts
did you dyno with the smarty on cause if you did you possible could have had 500 smarty takes away about 5-10hp on the topend

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The s 400 over the HX 40 was the initial plan, that is why I went with it in the first place. However, other bills have gotten the best of me right now. This is another reason I don't want to buy another single.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you dyno with the smarty on cause if you did you possible could have had 500 smarty takes away about 5-10hp on the topend
Yea, it was on there, waiting to hear from another guy who took his off and see how he did. THe funny thing was it only hit around 430 with out any water or methanol.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,032 Posts
I would try it without the SMARTY on there..and maybe do some bigger sticks man. Some BD 180s or something similar would get you there. Also GHD could not hurt as well :thumbsup:..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GHD ??? NOt to sound ignorant, what is that?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
yeah i agree

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I should be the one to use that symbol :doh: :doh: :lol4:

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
anybody have numbers w/ how much a GHD actually adds? just curious...id say ditch the smarty though...how much boost were you pushing ? ...might have to run a small shot of the giggly gas to get you there:shock:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Turn the Smarty off and take the .093 crossover tubes off and go back to stock sized tubes. You will be suprised how much your losing with those .093 tubes. Larger tubes relieve the pressure in the high pressure lines, not what you want. Keep the pressure high going to the injectors. Even the monster vp44 make more horse on the stock tubes.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
slap a bigger turbo under your hx40.

bigger and/or more water/meth nozzles. you may wana try a 40/60 mix too (i got 25hp off dual 625's and 50/50 blend)

i know you said you dont want to, but a set of 200's and/or a 64 or 66 charger. (sould get ya in the 600hp neighborhood :drool2:)

or put baby on the bottle :nos: :nos:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slap a bigger turbo under your hx40.

bigger and/or more water/meth nozzles. you may wana try a 40/60 mix too (i got 25hp off dual 625's and 50/50 blend)

i know you said you dont want to, but a set of 200's and/or a 64 or 66 charger. (sould get ya in the 600hp neighborhood :drool2:)

or put baby on the bottle :nos: :nos:
That was a pretty good mixture of water/meth. I'd say around 70 meth 30 water. It got my almost 60 hp at the rear wheels, and that was with both 625 nozzles. A couple of years back, I tried 100% methanol just to see and it got me 71 horse at the rear wheels. It didn't sound like it liked it that much though, so there is definately some improement to be had there. I need to tune the boost controller to come down a hair, I think I have 100% injection coming on too late, but I was not running the truck on the dyno, and I forgot to ask the operator what the boost numbers were.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts