Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all. Once the smarty comes out and the bungs in the exhaust are no longer needed I am wanting to swap out my 4" turbo back system to a 5.9l kit for a 5" turbo back to a single miter cut stack behing the passenger side. Who knows of or has the best deal for what I want. ( and how does everyone think it will look) Also, which do you recommend, the 7" or the 8". there arent many if any people around me running a single stack so i really have nothing to compare it to, or anything to look at in person to see which I like best.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't have any pictures yet of mine, but I do have a single 8" miter cut stack. It's powdercoated black. I got my stuff from Wally at FTE. He hooked me up pretty good. I got a 6.7 5" downpipe, 5" "test pipe" with bungs already welded in, flex pipe, 90, and of course the stack. Takes a little more time I'd say for the 8" stack to be built and powdercoated, but it's worth the wait. It was a pretty good deal in my opinion. I'll see about getting some pictures maybe tomorrow. This will give you a very good example being that your truck is also a 3500 QC dually that is silver.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
I like the look of a single 8" miter myself.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I really like mine. I HAD to do something to compensate for my small wang. Atleast, that's what I tell everyone who asks me why I put such a large stack on it. lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks great Operator, what length is that stack? just curious for when i go to purchase one, that is exactly how i want mine, dont want to be able to see it from the fron, just the rear. i would like it to be about flush with the cab. Also, how does it do when it sits in the rain, when you fire it back up does it blow black water out all over the back window and bed of the truck?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't recall the exact length off-hand, but I want to say it is around 36"-38". As far as the rain. Yes, it does blow sooty water into the bed, but it wouldn't be so bad/noticeable if my bed was line-xed. It isn't so it looks kinda nasty, but it will wash off. Haven't really noticed any on the back window though. However, I will say this. Be VERY Careful of blowing any smoke with that rear window open. The smoke will often times blow into the cab. lol Don't ask how I know.

·
Registered
581 Posts
the 36" will be what you want itl put you right around the cab hight.

·
Reconnaissance Expert
1,719 Posts
heres mine

Mine is 42 inches in length. The great thing about most stacks is you can order the 42 and if you want it shorter you can trim it down!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts