Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys lookin to convert my 99 24 valve to a 5 speed. its got 3.55 gears in it. i just wanna know what i have to do other than swap the flexplate for a flywheel, get a whole clutch assembly, and the tranny and linkage. its 4x4, what transfer case do i need for this. anyone has any insight let me know. thanks. DANA 60 front DANA 70 rear

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Do a search on subject, it been done a few thousand times so plenty of previous threads.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Let me know when you get done with your conversion - I might take everything off your hands :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man. now all i need to do is find a complete tranny and all the parts to do it up. the clutch is the easiest part lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey guys lookin to convert my 99 24 valve to a 5 speed. its got 3.55 gears in it. i just wanna know what i have to do other than swap the flexplate for a flywheel, get a whole clutch assembly, and the tranny and linkage. its 4x4, what transfer case do i need for this. anyone has any insight let me know. thanks. DANA 60 front DANA 70 rear
I'm hunting parts to do the same thing,but you will need the manual tranny,transfer case,both drive shafts,clutch pedals and an ecm from the donor truck your crossmemeber will fit and the original drive shafts,the rear will be 6in to short and front will be 6in. to long

·
Registered
144 Posts
Let me know when you get done with your conversion - I might take everything off your hands :)
haha, let me know after you take everything off of his hands, i'll take everything off of your hands...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude ill sell you the truck after im done for 12k obo. because by then the doors will be replaced, new shocks, 2.5 lift, 5 speed, bfg 33s, 6 disc changer. still will need rockers and drivers side cab corner. its got brand new ball joints, and leaf springs, belt and radiator. itll have a spray liner, and undercoated, and air dog lift pump. the rockers arent rotted, just have surface rust that got hit with chassis paint. doesnt look bad. also will have a bd 3 piece manifold on it. with a MBRP turbo back. its got a dynomax on it now, dont really like it. and ill set up all the gauges, fuel pressure, boost and pyrometer. shes got 235k on it. still runs like a champ dead stock. after all this it should run better. the lift pumps only to keep the vp44 in line.

·
Registered
273 Posts
dude ill sell you the truck after im done for 12k obo. because by then the doors will be replaced, new shocks, 2.5 lift, 5 speed, bfg 33s, 6 disc changer. still will need rockers and drivers side cab corner. its got brand new ball joints, and leaf springs, belt and radiator. itll have a spray liner, and undercoated, and air dog lift pump. the rockers arent rotted, just have surface rust that got hit with chassis paint. doesnt look bad. also will have a bd 3 piece manifold on it. with a MBRP turbo back. its got a dynomax on it now, dont really like it. and ill set up all the gauges, fuel pressure, boost and pyrometer. shes got 235k on it. still runs like a champ dead stock. after all this it should run better. the lift pumps only to keep the vp44 in line.
I just want your transmission and all the associated pieces :) I'm wanting to get rid of my 5spd and go to an automatic :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just want your transmission and all the associated pieces :) I'm wanting to get rid of my 5spd and go to an automatic :)
where you located? might be interested

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'm hunting parts to do the same thing,but you will need the manual tranny,transfer case,both drive shafts,clutch pedals and an ecm from the donor truck your crossmemeber will fit and the original drive shafts,the rear will be 6in to short and front will be 6in. to long
The front driveshaft from an auto/gas will fit perfect. Just take the rear to a big truck repair shop and have them cut it and balance it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts